Showtime has an awful habit of running a show way too long - Weeds, Dexter, Californication

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Thread is 100% facts. But it's not just that the shows run too long, Showtime also meddles with the writing. They flat out told the writers of "Dexter" that they couldn't kill him. I think they did the same thing for "Homeland".

Fred.

That's what I was saying too.

A show can run for 8 seasons and run out of ideas after 5 and get stale.

Showtime shows start to show signs of falling off in the 2nd season. That has to be notes that does that to a show.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
That's what I was saying too.

A show can run for 8 seasons and run out of ideas after 5 and get stale.

Showtime shows start to show signs of falling off in the 2nd season. That has to be notes that does that to a show.
Nah cuz, not the 2nd season... They usually turn bad around the 4th or 5th season... Like clock work

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I liked the Mos Def and Lumen seasons. I hated Hannah. i still havent finished Season 7 and no way I touch Season 8. Lumen and Lila both ran circles over Hannah character and consequence wise.
Hannah is worse than Nancy from Weeds karma houdini wise. She made the chicks in The Bad Seed look like Candide and Tess of the Durbervilles.

I hated Hannah so much I gave up 24 in UK cold turkey when the actress came on the screen the first time. Maybe she's a good actress. Is she?

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Nah cuz, not the 2nd season... They usually turn bad around the 4th or 5th season... Like clock work

:yeshrug:

I'm thinking of Master of Sex and Homeland when I say that. Weeds took a good 3 seasons before it jumped off a cliff, so you may be right.

But I'm still 100% sticking to my theory that they give terrible notes. Even critics I follow have started wondering the same thing.

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
:yeshrug:

I'm thinking of Master of Sex and Homeland when I say that. Weeds took a good 3 seasons before it jumped off a cliff, so you may be right.

But I'm still 100% sticking to my theory that they give terrible notes. Even critics I follow have started wondering the same thing.
I haven't watched MoS, is it worth it? I was referring to the 3 shows in the thread title...

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I haven't watched MoS, is it worth it? I was referring to the 3 shows in the thread title...

The first season (like Homeland) was showing signs of true greatness. The 2nd season was shaky, but given the 1st season, you could excuse the rough spots.

This 3rd season a character unbuttoned her shirt and showed her bra/chest to a gorilla. Literally.

No. It is not worth it :russ:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Showtime just doesn't have that premium feel like hbo
This.

They're desperate to match HBO and don't know when to pull the plug on shows.

Only shows that I ever liked were Californication and House of Lies. Californication fell off hard and I'm a season or two behind on House of Lies. Everything else mostly hasn't even looked interesting enough to try.

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
The first season (like Homeland) was showing signs of true greatness. The 2nd season was shaky, but given the 1st season, you could excuse the rough spots.

This 3rd season a character unbuttoned her shirt and showed her bra/chest to a gorilla. Literally.

No. It is not worth it :russ:
Good looks on saving me months of my life breh

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Don't forget about Nurse Jackie :scust:

Another show that started off good but became repetitive ass hell until Showtime put it out of its misery after 8 seasons

And they had the nerve to end it on a cliffhanger too :beli:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The only show they have that continues to be great is Shameless

They'll probably milk that show for 10 seasons or so but thats one show i dont see ever getting stale

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It's also looking like they will run the chi into the ground as well, cuz it really went downhill after the 2nd season when they killed of the best character.