Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
I've used coconut oil. Didn't work. Just seems like it sat on my hair. It made it dry.

Thats what it did to my hair in the beginning as well !!!. I was upset coz i had bought a liter of it. But i decided to stick it out began using it on my face and skin/ mixing into my lotion. Helped with breakouts and with general skin issues. Unfortunately it seems to need time. Like they usually say give a product at least 4 weeks of continuous use.But its working really well now. Plus my edges have thickened.

Co-wash.
Then I dab my hair with an old cotton t-shirt to remove excess water.
Then when its still damp I spray it with my spray bottle mixture.
Then put on the coconut oil.

F05opfM.jpg
this is my daughters hair - she is turning 3 next year.

DrZjvhE.jpg
This is an old picture. But as you can see her wet hair is a coily 4c.

Give the coconut oil another chance if you haven't found something else yet, just give it a bit of time. I use this method and same products I use on my own hair.

Spray bottle mixture:
- Leave in conditioner.
- Glycerin (I know some say it isn't good for 4c hair as it will draw moisture out of the hair.... but experience has taught me otherwise)
- Water.

I mist my hair with this several times a day if I'm at home.

Abayo

Pro
Daps
Can someone please tell me how to keep my hair straight during humid weather.
My hair goes from straight to poofy in 30 minutes.
Any special hairspray or something?
:sad:

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Can someone please tell me how to keep my hair straight during humid weather.
My hair goes from straight to poofy in 30 minutes.
Any special hairspray or something?
:sad:

my hair reverts very quickly as well. haven't tried to straighten it in years.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
:wow: Guys I think I found the GOAT
Moisturizer. I've had issues keeping my hair moist for the longest no matter how I deep condition, no matter the leave in I use, my hair would always feel dry after a couple of days. And even tho I was able to manage my scalp before for some reason this winter had my scalp itching like crazy, I mean really really bad. So I started looking up online for something that would help me manage tie and came across a blog that mentioned vegetable glycerine. Funnily enough I had like 3 bottles here that I used way back then but for some reason stopped. Anyways 2 weeks ago I put it in my deep oil treatment that I make before I wash my hair. I usually put it in the night before. When I went to wash my hair :blessed:omg it was like butter. So easy to detangle, I actually was able to detangle in the shower which I never do because it takes forever. Not this time, needless to say I was sold.:pachaha: I started adding it to all my leave in conditioners and made a scalp treatment with essential oils for the itch. So far so good, I've never had anything moisturize my hair like this. I have to say Im really amazed lol. Plus it leaves my hair so freaking shiny too. I think it might be my holy grail. Only thing is I tried to flat iron my hair with it and that was a big no no lol. It's a humectant that draws moisture to the hair so it would have never worked. But all in all I'm pretty impressed. I feel like the frustration with my hair will go down significantly. Anyway just thought I'd share, especially for the ladies that has to deal with dry hair or hard to manage hair. Oh I have low porosity hair so I don't really know how it would work for someone that has high porosity or even normal. im washing my hair this weekend so can't wait to see if the first time was fluke. :lupe: