Should Tinashe retire? Her new album did 7K first week.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
No but she should probably realize that this is her base and she should have other ways to get revenue.

7K is more than most artist but its not close to being a mainstream one. She has great looks so I am sure she will find a rich man

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
The crazy thing is if she would’ve kept the style from her first mixtapes she would probably be at least Doja Cat level, since that moody “viby” music is what’s hot on the rnb tip.

She literally would be a seen as a trendsetter, that’s what happens when you chase fame.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
One of the most talented women in the industry. Not sure why she gets so much hate. I think its the resentment you have that she wont whore herself out for your sick JBO fantasies:martin:
What do you recommend? I only know all hands on deck and idr how that shyt goes at all. Probably watched the music video on mute lol

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
The crazy thing is if she would’ve kept the style from her first mixtapes she would probably be at least Doja Cat level, since that moody “viby” music is what’s hot on the rnb tip.

She literally would be a seen as a trendsetter, that’s what happens when you chase fame.
What they called

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Doja Cat was created by Dr. Luke.

No way she wasn’t going to blow.
I never gave her a chance outside of moo and because she a c00n. Dr Luke really that amazing of a producer?

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Agree with your entire post. I went back and listen to Nightride and forgot that I liked almost the entire album. That album was more like the Black Water and Amethyst sound which her core fans like. But she is running from that sound. What she need to do is go back to the producers who were on her mixtapes and was also her her 1st 2 albums. That can at least get her core fans back. I thought her record label was stopping her from working with them but noticed that she is independent which mean this is all on her.

I looked at the producers on her mixtapes and her first 2 albums and the producers with the best songs were Ritz Reynolds, !llmind, Boi-1da and Ryan Hemsworth. She doesn't even work with them anymore. I guess she is blaming them for her album sales. Ritz Reynold did some of her best songs (just the way i like you, aquarius, bated breath, lucid dreamings) so she probably need to have him EP her album. Even the producer dpat who did a good job on Nightride wasn't on her last 2 albums.
dpat is a beast. I hope he gets his flowers one day. He’s like the alchemist of rnb

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Youre like the 3rd person to say “at least” doja cat level :dwillhuh: doja cat is the most successful female artist since 2019 :dwillhuh: she has almost twice as many stream listens than Meg The Stallion, 1.5x more listeners than Cardi B and Nicki Minaj. :dwillhuh: theirs no female artist in that genre bigger than doja cat

Doja cat is a festival / solo arena tour headliner at this point with #1 selling albums and songs.

theirs not 1 thing in Tinashe career that should have shown you that Tinashe was ever going to be as big as doja cat is now

Forum is delusional at times

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
Tineashe, Kehlani,

Name some more female artists that didn't catch on.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
2on was a gift and a curse. It was a hit but it alienated the small but loyal fanbase she built with her first 3 mixtapes, who were used to her making moody, atmospheric R&B. And pop music fans are fickle so once the industry moved on from that DJ Mustard sound she got left in the dust.

Her biggest problem has been her lack of a musical identity. Seems like she doesn't know if she wants to be FKA Twigs or Beyoncé

I still fukk with her first three mixtapes as well as Nightride, which I think did a good job of sticking to her OG sound while still sounding modern but she's just never gonna resonate with a mainstream audience. And she doesn't come across as authentic enough to connect with an underground audience either.

she needs to give up those pop princess dreams and go full contemporary R&B, she excels in that lane idk why she doesnt just fully lean into that
She could solve all of these problems if she links up with Solange and put in work with THAT team:blessed:

I still rock with Tinashe, her older music is still in my regular rotation

:ohlawd:

:banderas:

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
I never gave her a chance outside of moo and because she a c00n. Dr Luke really that amazing of a producer?

Nah he’s just super plugged in the industry.

He was the dude behind the Ke$ha chick.

She claimed he abused her in the #metoo era and she was the one that got canceled while he moved on to his next creation.