Should Tinashe retire? Her new album did 7K first week.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
She’s proof that being lightskinned and pretty being the only requirements for success is a fallacy. Plenty of artists who have the whole “package” are struggling out there.

It’s a shame because she’s actually talented.

I just feel like she doesn’t have a personality or lane.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
depositphotos_52388995-stock-photo-messy-room-in-the-hotel.jpg

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I just feel like she doesn’t have a personality or lane.
Word. I couldn’t tell you anything unique or interesting about her and she’s been around for over a decade. That won’t cut it in this personality driven era.

Taylor Swift: basic no back wonder bread Becky who writes songs about her exes. She appeals to middle America with her inoffensive blandness but nevertheless, it’s still an identity and brand.

Rihanna: feisty, Caribbean, sexual, acerbic pop star. It took her 3 albums but she eventually created her own lane. She hasn’t released music in years but she’s still relevant.

Lana Del Rey: 60s inspired chic who has evolved over her career. Takes inspiration from different genres and eras but still makes it her own.

There’s others but just being pretty isn’t enough in this oversaturated market. She should just stick to songwriting. She’s far behind in the pecking order with the likes of Normani, SZA and Victoria Monet overtaking her.

King Poetic

The D.O.G. (Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
:huhldup: Had no idea she dropped like 6 albums and a few of mixtapes and they all failed…, she haven’t had a hit single for years…

And being in this microwave era it’s a wrapped musically for her…

Since she been in the game for awhile, she can do things independently and book her own shows on a smaller scale

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
I wouldn't have used any!!!

Light-skin trendy rap/R&B fusion goes to Doja Cat and Latto for potential target audience.

Tinashe, too white for Black audiences, too Black for white audiences, she just lacks the crossover appeal to get her over...
:huhldup:
Been in the industry too long. Feel like alot of them got that shyt.