Should Tinashe retire? Her new album did 7K first week.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
disappointed-fridge.gif

repped-trump.gif

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I liked her music when she first came out but when she started chasing hits and went all the way mainstream she lost her identity and honestly she got exposed for not being as talented as I thought.

Tinashe came in right when the weekend and dark/alternative r&b was the hottest new thing and she rode that wave. The problem is that she abandoned that style and started trend hopping instead of sticking to what made her poppin in the first place.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
I wonder why she has never popped. She has the look, can dance, and is an overall performer yet can’t sell records.

If I had to guess its because her vibe is more girl next door than fake vacuous ho (Cardi, Meghan, Doja, etc.)

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps

SlimOG

Pro
Daps
Inter scope was trying to make her pop when she was real a rnb artist

two much back and forth on her genre placement.
Then no promo
She wasn't on Interscope it was Sony/RCA which wasn't great at all sony has always been a pop label if she was on Interscope maybe things would've been different.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I liked her music when she first came out but when she started chasing hits and went all the way mainstream she lost her identity and honestly she got exposed for not being as talented as I thought.

Tinashe came in right when the weekend and dark/alternative r&b was the hottest new thing and she rode that wave. The problem is that she abandoned that style and started trend hopping instead of sticking to what made her poppin in the first place.

it’s not the music at all. I used to think so but it’s just the lack of vocals. Tinashe and Normani both came up in the wrong era. They have bad luck. The past twenty years it’s been mad Janet clones who are obsessed with dancing and choreography and just like Janet lack singing skills or are just average

People will listen to a song or two just as a bop but they been tired of this pattern for a while now. It’s played out. If it’s something like afrobeat or dancehall yeah we don’t care about the voice and want something to dance to

but when it comes to R&b, soul, pop etc people want voices again. Tinashe can choose whatever “made her popping in the first place” and it s won’t work

these new chicks need to stop trying to be Janet clones or singing in cursive like Amy Winehouse because it isn’t working for them . They don’t have a Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis by their side . All these years she has been flopping she could have taken singing lessons . Yes it’s a visual era but people can’t listen to you do choreography