Should Tinashe retire? Her new album did 7K first week.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
The real issue is why did her debut album do so poorly?

2 On was a catchy ass song, and top 40 hit. It used to be on radio a lot. That should have catapulted her.

She low key should have had doja cat level popularity, sadly.

Her label didn't know how to market her, which is what ultimately led to her going independent. Also, she tried a bunch of different styles, but nothing really caught on. She could have been one of those artists that had hits but no core audience, but people weren't even interested in making her that.

Realistically speaking, a lot of artists from that era, especially 2014, aren't around anymore. A lot of hit songs that year were from people who nobody had heard from before. Also, I think the industry was transitioning so a lot of the artists who had hits got left behind quickly.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Her label didn't know how to market her, which is what ultimately led to her going independent. Also, she tried a bunch of different styles, but nothing really caught on. She could have been one of those artists that had hits but no core audience, but people weren't even interested in making her that.

Realistically speaking, a lot of artists from that era, especially 2014, aren't around anymore. A lot of hit songs that year were from people who nobody had heard from before. Also, I think the industry was transitioning so a lot of the artists who had hits got left behind quickly.
True. That's a good point.

That's also when rap became more trap, and pop went away from electropop (lady gaga style) and went to chainsmokers/edm style.

born of fire

sherri martel stan account
Supporter
Daps
No she shouldn’t. Doja Cat has more talent in her thumbnail than Tinashe has in her entirety. Ppl feel sorry for her for whatever and stay overrating her. I’ve never heard a Tinashe song that ever made me want to replay it. Actually that All My Friends song with Chance is dope but you could have subbed her for anyone.
doja cat's music is garbage pop trash that sounds like literally anyone else could have sang it. tinashe has always made better music than her