Should Tinashe retire? Her new album did 7K first week.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
The real issue is why did her debut album do so poorly?

2 On was a catchy ass song, and top 40 hit. It used to be on radio a lot. That should have catapulted her.

She low key should have had doja cat level popularity, sadly.
No she shouldn’t. Doja Cat has more talent in her thumbnail than Tinashe has in her entirety. Ppl feel sorry for her for whatever and stay overrating her. I’ve never heard a Tinashe song that ever made me want to replay it. Actually that All My Friends song with Chance is dope but you could have subbed her for anyone.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2on was a gift and a curse. It was a hit but it alienated the small but loyal fanbase she built with her first 3 mixtapes, who were used to her making moody, atmospheric R&B. And pop music fans are fickle so once the industry moved on from that DJ Mustard sound she got left in the dust.

Her biggest problem has been her lack of a musical identity. Seems like she doesn't know if she wants to be FKA Twigs or Beyoncé

I still fukk with her first three mixtapes as well as Nightride, which I think did a good job of sticking to her OG sound while still sounding modern but she's just never gonna resonate with a mainstream audience. And she doesn't come across as authentic enough to connect with an underground audience either.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
No she shouldn’t. Doja Cat has more talent in her thumbnail than Tinashe has in her entirety. Ppl feel sorry for her for whatever and stay overrating her. I’ve never heard a Tinashe song that ever made me want to replay it. Actually that All My Friends song with Chance is dope but you could have subbed her for anyone.
2on is still a classic :manny:

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The real issue is why did her debut album do so poorly?

2 On was a catchy ass song, and top 40 hit. It used to be on radio a lot. That should have catapulted her.

She low key should have had doja cat level popularity, sadly.
Inter scope was trying to make her pop when she was real a rnb artist

two much back and forth on her genre placement.
Then no promo

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What was she supposed to sale? She didn’t sale much on a label and she definitely ain’t gone sale much independently. I thought the coli would love her even more since she’s independent and they swear they love Indy artists on here

Last edited: