SHOULD I GO TO SCHOOL FOR 2 MORE YEARS AND GET A DEGREE OR DROPOUT AND GET A JOB?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For us it was Computer Information Systems or Computer Information Science

Systems just had business classes as electives whereas Science ha more math classes.

I never seen CIS broken into 2 options like that...Im leaning towards IT

take it serious tho...its easy to copy programs and cheat in these majors...learn the basics of logic and if you need a direction...I would reccomend programming in an Enterprise language like Java or C#....they are everywhere....and remember Obamacare is going live in a couple years...so all these new millions of people are going to be insured and there is no more paper...its all electronically done...so you could go into IT and work in healthcare

Plus as a CIS major, you could always work on the functional side where you don't have to do hardcore technical tasks like programming. Really most CIS majors end up working as business analyst - gathering requirements, designing and conducting testing on projects. That's how i started out and now i'm a PM.

Stay in school. Just make sure you get an internship or two before you graduate.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Plus as a CIS major, you could always work on the functional side where you don't have to do hardcore technical tasks like programming. Really most CIS majors end up working as business analyst - gathering requirements, designing and conducting testing on projects. That's how i started out and now i'm a PM.

Stay in school. Just make sure you get an internship or two before you graduate.

Indeed....I dont know any other CIS people I graduated with that code, but myself....:laff:...they all analyst's and shyt

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Indeed....I dont know any other CIS people I graduated with that code, but myself....:laff:...they all analyst's and shyt

Most coders are CS majors at all the firms i have worked at...alot of them are happy coding and don't want anything to do with the functional side or even project management.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Most coders are CS majors at all the firms i have worked at...alot of them are happy coding and don't want anything to do with the functional side or even project management.

I code all day..but they have me in the meetings with the PM and the client alot also...

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I code all day..but they have me in the meetings with the PM and the client alot also...

what do u do wit all that money breh? ive lived in the hood my whole life :smugdraper:

im doubting myself...i dont think i can do it breh...once i start programming ima prolly give up ...but if i can get half way thru this half...then yea

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
what do u do wit all that money breh? ive lived in the hood my whole life :smugdraper:

im doubting myself...i dont think i can do it breh...once i start programming ima prolly give up ...but if i can get half way thru this half...then yea

I never did any programming before taking an introduction to programming course last spring and I was nervous about how well I was going to do and whether I'd enjoy it. As it turned out, I did enjoy it and I did pretty well in the course.

You should at least give it a try before throwing in the towel.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Honestly?

Just buy clothes....go out...buy lots of electronics...flex on ho's in the club....I kind of save now...but I still do all of that..Im single so thats all there is to do...

I really want to find a chick now doing just what Im doing so I can settle down and we can pool our resources together and become a power couple

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly is no work experience gonna hurt me?

its not like i was gonna have programming experience without college anyways

but i hope i dont become a programmer wit this CIS...how different are the other jobs available to CIS majors

I WILL GET A JOB ONCE I GET A CIS DEGREE EVEN IF I HAVE NO JOB EXPERIENCE SINCE 2007? AND THIS WILL BE IN 2015

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
get a degree...chill on racism and selfhate and call it a day

i know a professional 30 yrs experiences, certifications, etc and she cannot get certain jobs because she never finished her courses

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
For us it was Computer Information Systems or Computer Information Science

Systems just had business classes as electives whereas Science ha more math classes.

I never seen CIS broken into 2 options like that...Im leaning towards IT

take it serious tho...its easy to copy programs and cheat in these majors...learn the basics of logic and if you need a direction...I would reccomend programming in an Enterprise language like Java or C#....they are everywhere....and remember Obamacare is going live in a couple years...so all these new millions of people are going to be insured and there is no more paper...its all electronically done...so you could go into IT and work in healthcare

Don't forget the baby boomers.... I seen alot of people retiring already. Also the Mobile field is opening up more jobs for programmers.

For the OP, you can get a programming book off amazon and see if you like it or not.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
honestly is no work experience gonna hurt me?

its not like i was gonna have programming experience without college anyways

but i hope i dont become a programmer wit this CIS...how different are the other jobs available to CIS majors

I WILL GET A JOB ONCE I GET A CIS DEGREE EVEN IF I HAVE NO JOB EXPERIENCE SINCE 2007? AND THIS WILL BE IN 2015

After you get some of the programming basics down, look into small open source projects to get a better feel for programming. After you feel comfortable, Look into bigger Open source projects. You can list those on your resume.

Google Open Source projects and resume.

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly?

Just buy clothes....go out...buy lots of electronics...flex on ho's in the club....I kind of save now...but I still do all of that..Im single so thats all there is to do...

I really want to find a chick now doing just what Im doing so I can settle down and we can pool our resources together and become a power couple

wat was ur salary each year?