SHOULD I GO TO SCHOOL FOR 2 MORE YEARS AND GET A DEGREE OR DROPOUT AND GET A JOB?

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
IM ALREDY 22...MY MAJOR IS CIS...AND I NEVER PROGRAMMED BEFORE...PROLLY WONT LIKE IT

IDK WAT TO DO...GOT UNTIL JULY 13TH TO FIGURE IT OUT

ONLY WORKED ONCE
I'm starting my Info Systems Security courses next month...We are virtually in the same spot breh...Grind it out fam..That college graduate title is something that can never be taken from you...Not even talking the negative financial implications (loans, aid) just the end result of your dedication coming to fruition....shyts gon feel like :ahh: even if it's only for a week...Fight on pimpin...

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
It is almost not worth it if you don't get a internship. Internships are big but you got to work hard to get it.

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I graduated from CIS in 2007 and have a career. Either you trollin or just stupid enough to ask a question like this.

Finish school...get out...get a job that you can only get with that degree....enjoy the benefits of making money.

or....

Be like Havoc....pick up dead bugs off the ground and put in your pocket just to get a free $5.99 meal.....pilfer through $.25 bag of chips because you hungry....get fired from a $11 job and live at home with parents going into your late 20's...and post on the coli....

oh and your broke
how much do u make? and where do u live

i live at home..if i start working now i can just save the money up ..but if i stay in school ill prolly finish when im 25 ...20 classes..4 classes a semester

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Bang it out my nikka don't be short sighted.My pops did the drop out and get a job shyt back when he was in school.He told me that's the biggest regret of his life.

Money will be there fam,shyt ain't goin' no where.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
how much do u make? and where do u live

i live at home..if i start working now i can just save the money up ..but if i stay in school ill prolly finish when im 25 ...20 classes..4 classes a semester

I currently live in Georgia

First year out...40k in 2007...recruited by military contractor in 2011 68k...this year bumped up to 73k...

I get offers...calls/emails DAILY on jobs all over the country...I can now comfortably ask for 85k minimum...The guy that recruited me for this job wants me to come to the DMV area at 100k guaranteed.

that dude that said you need an internship does not know what he's talking about...internships are cool...but they are not necessary and should not be a priority....focus on a certain discipline....systems.....programming....database...whatever

I finished college at 25 because I took 2 years off after high school.

2 years is nothing.......what kind of job you thinking you gonna get without a degree?

Dont let these dudes in here gas you

My brother I didnt even like programming in school....I been coding in Java since I been out

I really do hope you make the wise decision

matthew2777

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I currently live in Georgia

First year out...40k in 2007...recruited by military contractor in 2011 68k...this year bumped up to 73k...

I get offers...calls/emails DAILY on jobs all over the country...I can now comfortably ask for 85k minimum...The guy that recruited me for this job wants me to come to the DMV area at 100k guaranteed.

that dude that said you need an internship does not know what he's talking about...internships are cool...but they are not necessary and should not be a priority....focus on a certain discipline....systems.....programming....database...whatever

I finished college at 25 because I took 2 years off after high school.

2 years is nothing.......what kind of job you thinking you gonna get without a degree?

Dont let these dudes in here gas you

My brother I didnt even like programming in school....I been coding in Java since I been out

I really do hope you make the wise decision
:whoo:
shud i take the business systems or IT option?

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:whoo:
shud i take the business systems or IT option?

For us it was Computer Information Systems or Computer Information Science

Systems just had business classes as electives whereas Science ha more math classes.

I never seen CIS broken into 2 options like that...Im leaning towards IT

take it serious tho...its easy to copy programs and cheat in these majors...learn the basics of logic and if you need a direction...I would reccomend programming in an Enterprise language like Java or C#....they are everywhere....and remember Obamacare is going live in a couple years...so all these new millions of people are going to be insured and there is no more paper...its all electronically done...so you could go into IT and work in healthcare

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For us it was Computer Information Systems or Computer Information Science

Systems just had business classes as electives whereas Science ha more math classes.

I never seen CIS broken into 2 options like that...Im leaning towards IT

take it serious tho...its easy to copy programs and cheat in these majors...learn the basics of logic and if you need a direction...I would reccomend programming in an Enterprise language like Java or C#....they are everywhere....and remember Obamacare is going live in a couple years...so all these new millions of people are going to be insured and there is no more paper...its all electronically done...so you could go into IT and work in healthcare

Time for me to get my masters :jawalrus:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Either way ur gonna have student loans so I might as well finish up so u have something to show for it when ur cutting that check to The govt each month.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
bruh...get a part-time job..I used to work in call centers when I was in college...fukked alot of whores

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
i dont know how..im like a child

but im pretty sure 2 years from now ill still b smoking weed and no job

bruh...weed will ALWAYS be here...put that ish down till you find a job....its alot of part time jobs.....speak of the devil..we got this fine chick that gaduates from CIS next year...I just saw them interview her...she 21 and a female.....stop being lazy