Should Fast and Furious retire now that Paul is no longer with us?

Daps
Cacs die every day, B :yeshrug:

No but for real, Paul wouldnt want them to stop making guap just cuz of him

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The main reason it did is because of Paul. It's almost a given in my opinion that the next one won't touch F7 numbers at all.

That's a guess tho breh. Obviously that had something to do with it but this is a franchise that since the 5th installment, the audience has grown each time out. Logic dictated it was going to be a big movie regardless of Paul's death. Much like Empire, the movie just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

And nah i don't think they should retire it. Paul is integral no doubt but there are plenty of cast members in it who all can hold their own weight and deserve a chance to shine. Plus they're not running out of ideas and I just love seeing these characters on screen.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Should they? Probably

Will they? Absolutely not

I heard before his real life death, he was out after 7 anyways...Shaw was prob gonna kill him....Vin already said part 8 will take place in NYC and will begin filming in the fall
I've seen this posted a couple times, but can never find any actual reports saying this.

Link?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I heard before his real life death, he was out after 7 anyways...Shaw was prob gonna kill him....Vin already said part 8 will take place in NYC and will begin filming in the fall

I've never heard that but IF it's true, I don't think he'd be killed. They were already setting up an out for Brian once he and Mia had the first kid. So from a story standpoint, he's a man who can't risk life and limb doing these mission impossible type things with his girl and kid back home.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
naw, they shouldnt stop the franchise....as much as paul was a key figure in the series, he's not the driving force...that's vin diesel, he's the glue to the franchise....they should stop it when he doesnt want to do it anymore....

as for the paul situation in the next movie: all they gotta do is kill his character in the beginning of the next one...have the shaws kill him cause they still trying to get revenge, and there you go....

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
naw, they shouldnt stop the franchise....as much as paul was a key figure in the series, he's not the driving force...that's vin diesel, he's the glue to the franchise....they should stop it when he doesnt want to do it anymore....

as for the paul situation in the next movie: all they gotta do is kill his character in the beginning of the next one...have the shaws kill him cause they still trying to get revenge, and there you go....
:dahell:

Brian(Paul's character) is retired from the series...they're not killing him off. Furious 7 did the sendoff for Paul and his character proper.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Breh they're not going to kill him. They wouldn't do that. They've written him off. Maybe Mia pops up in the next one since she's Dom's sister but the storyline is now that they have two kids, Brian can't be a part of that life anymore

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Honestly Paul's character was the worst part of the series to me... no disrespect to Paul Walker but I NEVER like his character in any of the movies so I hope they don't stop making the movies.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell:

Brian(Paul's character) is retired from the series...they're not killing him off.

they were gonna kill him off in this one, but changed their mind after he died...that's why people thought his death was fake at first and just a scene from the movie....

Breh they're not going to kill him. They wouldn't do that. They've written him off. Maybe Mia pops up in the next one since she's Dom's sister but the storyline is now that they have two kids, Brian can't be a part of that life anymore

they were gonna kill him this movie, but changed it after his death...decided to pay tribute instead....

as for not being part of that life: so having a wife and 1 kid wasnt enough to stop? 2 was the line he couldnt cross? lol...man, come on....he's dom's right hand man...whatever dom gets into, he gets into...that's how those characters are setup...even the last scene showed that...so leaving his character 'retired' even though the series might be coming to an end in 2 movies, doesnt make sense...especially since you figure they gonna have dom really get into some shyt in the next 2 movies...probably use 8 to setup the series finale in 9...just have the shaws kill walker's character, that's the easiest and most logically way based off those characters....like no matter how much you change and get away from something, you cant escape your past; and that dom and the rock have to kill the shaws to finally end it, stop the bloodshed of their family...some shyt like that...