Should a person making food at McDonalds be able to afford rent and groceries with their paycheck?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a lot of people did what they need to do and are still underpaid - see the genertion of college students with crippling debt for jobs that don't pya enough to cover the degree they demand people to have.

america is not set up for everyone to live at the middle class and above. every single person in america could all get the same credentials and there would still be stratification, we all wouldn't get the same pay despite having "done what we need to". the minimum wage should be able to cover the basics of living, so yes, min wage workers deserve more because their basics are not covered and our taxes are being wasted making up the difference that their employers should be paying. i really don't get how yall are so warped in the mind to think mcd's shouldn't have to pay enough for someone to afford a studio/room, groceries ad health care, but your tax dollars should :dead:

whooo...america will never have nice things, even people near the bottom think they don't deserve better:pachaha:

Get what you earn. If you can’t earn more do what you need to do in order to earn more or accept your lot. And nothings wrong with that. I accepted my lot in life :yeshrug:I didn’t do everything I needed to do in order to be at a higher level and I wasn’t born into a well to do family. I just worked took different opportunities and tried to make the best of it.

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
We need UNIONS again, breh. Without UNIONS, nothing is gonna last long term
We need to stop sending mfs to college with no plan and the only thing they are able to do is become sandwich artists and baristas that have to live with roommates.

Were about to not have electricians and plumbers as these older brehs retire. A burger flipper having to have a roommate is low on my list of concerns

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
We need to stop sending mfs to college with no plan and the only thing they are able to do is become sandwich artists and baristas that have to live with roommates.

Were about to not have electricians and plumbers as these older brehs retire. A burger flipper having to have a roommate is low on my list of concerns

Blame the fact there are no real job protections for that.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
We really be talking about the same shyt in these threads man.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coli says that STEM majors are all eating....
Meanwhile there's a thread dozens of pages long with daily posts for months talking about IT industry layoffs. Any job you can do sitting at a laptop remotely can be done for a fraction of a price by Pradeep and 'nem in India. Or AI will become smart enough to do those jobs the same way manual labor gets automated. It seems like common sense that any desk job is on the chopping block to get outsourced or automated by technology.

No one here ever talks about trades. But getting into a trade ain't always easy either. Apprentice plumbers are expected to buy their own work trucks on an apprentice wage. Many of these trade apprenticeship programs require people to sign contracts to be with the same employers for years under market value and if they break contract, they owe tens of thousands in debt.

Ain't no clear cut path to success in America no more. Boomers could work at the same factory down the street from after high school graduation to retirement, buy a house, have new cars every few years, raise 3 kids, put them through college and retire on a fat pension all without working more than 40 hours a week or going into any debt.

Boomers who went to college could pay off their student loan debt with a part time summer job and were pretty much guaranteed well paying white collar work post graduation. But America is the land of personal accountability for its citizens, but corporations are never held accountable for their deliberate acts to fukk us all over.

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
This Country has a big problem looking down on certain employment.

Relegate Fast Food to Teens? You trust kids to cook your food?

:sadcam:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
If you live in America and work for a living the basic needs is necessary to get by. That includes food, clothing, rent, transportation etc. this country is ass backwards about these things. Doesn’t that help the economy? So why should people suffer to get basic needs?