Shonda Rhimes On Her :mjpls: Again

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
95% of the primetime/cable dramas I watch have black women with white males and black males characters are either gay,little kids or non existent.

I don't watch enough TV to know for sure, but literally every preview for TV shows I saw over X-mas/New Years showed this ratio.. I'm like :dwillhuh:......Even the hip hop made for TV movie was like this..

Last edited:

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
power comes to mind, wasn't there some damon wayans jr show awhile back where he was with an other? and my comment wasn't just bout tv, it was inclusive of movies. we've seen black male paired with others for years, then when black female get paired with other it's an issue. this is a really fukking stupid reason to write a show off, i didn't write off focus, or hitch, or training day, or american gangster, or going to see the stupid "how to be single" because there were black men dating others. it's 2016, get over it
I'm not familiar with focus but hitch was a hit based off of will's star power and including training day eva mendez plays the love interest in both films and she has noticeable black blood in her genetic makeup American gangster like training day the movie didn't focus on the black man non black women relationship don't know about how to be single and the tv shows you mentioned weren't based around bm/wm couples a movie can be a hot or miss maybe watch it for curiosity or genuine interest but a weekly tv show that's commitment ohh I forgot about power never seen it but what little I know that's not the driving force behind the show

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
"Jessica Jones" was one of the most critically acclaimed shows of last year and averaged 4.8 million viewers on Netflix. That's ratings comparable to or higher than any of the shows you named.

And now that I think of it, the villain was a crazy white guy simping Jessica.
Crazy%20Jb_zpsk9swtitn.png

Fred.
That is a niche show and most people knew what they signed up for and they did some slick shyt for the casting kinda giving any white guy that might have a problem with ir a atleast I'm referring to how she looks in comics compared to the show comics she's not beautiful but very pretty and the actress portraying her is I would say is a hit or miss cute or not

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
If youre implying it would it would have to be green lighted first and shyt ain't happening homie but if it did I don't think it would even be close to as popular let's be honest most shows that are considered guilty pleasures are fueled by viewers that live vicariously through the show and I would think a show based on the ideal black man for lack of better words smutting out the most powerful white woman in the world would be that and most black and white people especially black men know alot of white women fear of anyone knowing that ethier they lust after black men or god forbid slept with us so watching this imagery show would be a no no that equals shytty ratings damn I kinda miss soul food that black love that black struggle and nikka them women:banderas:
Both the film and movies had them:ohlawd:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That is a niche show and most people knew what they signed up for and they did some slick shyt for the casting kinda giving any white guy that might have a problem with ir a atleast I'm referring to how she looks in comics compared to the show comics she's not beautiful but very pretty and the actress portraying her is I would say is a hit or miss cute or not

A niche show with the same or better ratings as virtually any hit show on cable. Aight breh, you got it.

People (not me personally) thought Krysten Ritter was hot since "Breaking Bad". She had an entire show ("Don't Trust The B") built around how attractive she is.

fanart-248812-10-635x328.jpg

So I have no idea what you're talking about with the rest of your post.

Fred.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm not familiar with focus but hitch was a hit based off of will's star power and including training day eva mendez plays the love interest in both films and she has noticeable black blood in her genetic makeup American gangster like training day the movie didn't focus on the black man non black women relationship don't know about how to be single and the tv shows you mentioned weren't based around bm/wm couples a movie can be a hot or miss maybe watch it for curiosity or genuine interest but a weekly tv show that's commitment ohh I forgot about power never seen it but what little I know that's not the driving force behind the show
And would their racial pairing be the driving force behind this show? Was it behind scandal - no, the biggest thing was her and the president having an affair, They just happen to be different races. Rachel and mike being IR is not a driving force in suits and None of the other shows I've seen have made the IR relationship the driving force behind the show...but I'm done with this topic as it's pretty petty IMO.

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
A niche show with the same or better ratings as virtually any hit show on cable. Aight breh, you got it.

People (not me personally) thought Krysten Ritter was hot since "Breaking Bad". She had an entire show ("Don't Trust The B") built around how attractive she is.

fanart-248812-10-635x328.jpg

So I have no idea what you're talking about with the rest of your post.

Fred.
Just as your using you personal sources to determine people think she's attractive I'm using mine and like I mentioned it's usually hit or miss I've seen I believe an whole episode of don't trust and it was not built around her attractiveness homie it's in the title what the show revolved about and I don't know if your being cynical about the Netflix series but what I mean is that show already had a built in fan base and a home not only accepting of it but wanting it almost guaranteeing a successful show scandal had neither yes now it seems it has made abc thar type of network work but not before it's success

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
And would their racial pairing be the driving force behind this show? Was it behind scandal - no, the biggest thing was her and the president having an affair, They just happen to be different races. Rachel and mike being IR is not a driving force in suits and None of the other shows I've seen have made the IR relationship the driving force behind the show...but I'm done with this topic as it's pretty petty IMO.
No matter how you try to define it the show is driven by a BLACK WOMEN having an affair with a White MAN none of this happens to be stuff this is a scripted fantasy plain and simple that's like trying to explain chico and the man being politically correct instead of simply saying it's a comedy about a puerto Rican man and white man simply

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Slick shyt for the casting? Luke Cage is a well known black comic book character.

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
Slick shyt for the casting? Luke Cage is a well known black comic book character.
I talking about how they choose a actresses that doesn't represent the stereotypical ideal I white beauty as jessica jones is usually depicted i.e. fit light hair blue eyes nordic features so hypothetically gives a bigoted white guy the reasoning of saying atleast she isn't cute

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Yup. You even have c00n Shonda helping with killing the black man image. The protocol now is to completely erase that alpha black male. This is why a good portion of black men now on TV are borderline women or playing submissive roles. Must be a "safe negro" in today's media.

The alpha black male is being pushed out of all non black organizations, altogether. They want them to be Native American status. You think that a Sheek Louch or Emmitt Smith character would be popular in today's media? Hell nah.