Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Caught up... This is a fun watch. Yabushige is hilarious. All he really wants is his fief but he's trying to join the winning side and getting pulled to whatever side is going to allow him to live a little bit longer. But you can see behind his smiles, the man is tired lol

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
Given the huge changes made on the show, I was sure Mariko would survive the Shinobi assault this time around.
qKWarHe.png

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Caught up... This is a fun watch. Yabushige is hilarious. All he really wants is his fief but he's trying to join the winning side and getting pulled to whatever side is going to allow him to live a little bit longer. But you can see behind his smiles, the man is tired lol
all that flip flopping has to be exhausting :lolbron:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
i cant wait to read the book and see differences

i know they wanted to avoid white savior shyt, so its hilarious that this dude just spends most scenes looking confused. all hes done is warn them about the portuguese plot, teach them cannons and guns, and have sex with the hottest women he could.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
i cant wait to read the book and see differences

i know they wanted to avoid white savior shyt, so its hilarious that this dude just spends most scenes looking confused. all hes done is warn them about the portuguese plot, teach them cannons and guns, and have sex with the hottest women he could.
I will say, I like his character better than the gaijins in Tokyo Vice

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Given the huge changes made on the show, I was sure Mariko would survive the Shinobi assault this time around.
qKWarHe.png

Not the sad Buntaro smiley.

This man is about to go apeshyt on everyone in Osaka after he finds out what happened to Mariko-sama. :whew:

Remember this is the dude who escaped Osaka, by his lonely and didn't so much as have a scratch on his armor.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I will say, I like his character better than the gaijins in Tokyo Vice

Mostly because Blackthorne is significantly more interesting than dude in Tokyo Vice. I'm only 3 episodes into Tokyo Vice in season 2, but already, I don't care anything for his story. His boss, the hostess club girl and the yakuza bits are WAY more engaging.

I honestly woulda just preferred a story about the Yakuza. Fully in Japanese and no fukking gaijin at all. But HBO woulda NEVER green lit that shyt.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Also the Mariko translation memes are funny as hell.

:dead:

No BS, but I want to thank The Coli for having this discussion, just so I can avoid seeing it on Reddit, and all that "well akschully" and "we need more Anjin" BS
Only Cacs would say some shyt like that :mjlol:
I think the only time I was looking forward to what the Anjin could do was that last ep with the pistols. Even then he was kinda meh. Guess that long reload time is why he carried two of them.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Mostly because Blackthorne is significantly more interesting than dude in Tokyo Vice. I'm only 3 episodes into Tokyo Vice in season 2, but already, I don't care anything for his story. His boss, the hostess club girl and the yakuza bits are WAY more engaging.

I honestly woulda just preferred a story about the Yakuza. Fully in Japanese and no fukking gaijin at all. But HBO woulda NEVER green lit that shyt.
Thank you! Jake pissed me off with all his decisions. So did Samantha. as I was saying in that thread, they're 100% suburban Americans with no street smarts, dealing with the streets in a foreign country.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also the Mariko translation memes are funny as hell.

:dead:

Only Cacs would say some shyt like that :mjlol:
I think the only time I was looking forward to what the Anjin could do was that last ep with the pistols. Even then he was kinda meh. Guess that long reload time is why he carried two of them.

:dead: at Mariko's translations. She's really the MVP of the series. She'll be missed :mjcry: