Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Thank you! Jake pissed me off with all his decisions. So did Samantha. as I was saying in that thread, they're 100% suburban Americans with no street smarts, dealing with the streets in a foreign country.

Not just any streets. One of the most notoriously complex and ritualistic "gang" cultures in the world. Half the shyt the Yakuza used to do was so woven into the fabric that it teetered on legality.

And you're supposed to be writing exposé on them? (I know it's based on a real dude, but still).

stave

Superstar
Daps
qKWarHe.png
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
They Ned Stark'd my ass :wow:

Mariko...you too damn fine to die like that :mjcry:Thought after the fake outshe was safe even though it felt like a cheap copout but theythen turned shyt up to 11 :wow:. Yabytche is homie's new name :scust:Toranaga back home playing 4D chess with the new AI operating system...getting to the top by any means

She went out like Margaery Tyrell :mjcry:

I can't believe there's only one more episode left. How are they gonna wrap this up so quickly :damn:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Thank you! Jake pissed me off with all his decisions. So did Samantha. as I was saying in that thread, they're 100% suburban Americans with no street smarts, dealing with the streets in a foreign country.
Tokyo Vice is a bad show in general, so even an unlikeable character from Shogun will be much better than the Tokyo Vice protagonist.

Props to 5-6 Japanese actors holding Tokyo Vice together. From the bad original material by the real Jake Adelstein to bad acting by the fake Jake Adelstein to awful interactions between American and Japanese characters, it's just frustrating show to watch. I gave up on episode two of season 2.

If that show was based in Berlin instead of Tokyo it would've been canceled right away.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
No BS, but I want to thank The Coli for having this discussion, just so I can avoid seeing it on Reddit, and all that "well akschully" and "we need more Anjin" BS
yeah fukk all that. they may as well be bots

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
I fux wit this good season 1.

Well c if it’ll hold up in the future seasons but as of now I’m liking this dope show.
Season finale in a couple days :banderas: