Shingeki no Kyojin: Attack on Titan

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
soooo since the nxt season not gon be awhile, can one of my manga reading brehs let me know wats the deal with the titan inside the wall :lupe:

It hasn't been explained yet. There isn't really much more info to go on than what you've already seen in the show, so I won't put this in spoiler tags- my speculation is that the cult that is obsessed with the wall and protecting the city knows that the wall is actually made of titans, which is supported by that cult preacher getting shook when he realized that Annie was about to damage the wall from the inside and potentially reveal that secret.

To take it a step further, I wouldn't be surprised if the way they groom the cult members by brainwashing them, testing their faith and elevating some of them to higher levels in the organization may be preparation for turning them into titans and putting them inside the walls, which means they know how to do that, and probably have been doing so for a long time.

Last edited:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Now that the season is over I'll probably just stick to the manga and not even bother with the anime anymore... it's a little too DBZish with the drawn out shyt.

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
yooooooo shoutout 2 the poster who linked me directly 2 the part of the manga that picks up rite where ep. 25 ends. shyt is wild crazy yo

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
This had a spark when it started but its drifting straight towards dumb and convoluted. Imma leave this alone a few months to give it some breathing room cause this is a trap that a lot of manga seem to fall into. They overload on mystery and loose ends in order to build tension and by the end of the arc the climax/conclusion isn't enough to resolve them to a satisfactory degree and they drag on into the next arc and bring that down in turn.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This had a spark when it started but its drifting straight towards dumb and convoluted. Imma leave this alone a few months to give it some breathing room cause this is a trap that a lot of manga seem to fall into. They overload on mystery and loose ends in order to build tension and by the end of the arc the climax/conclusion isn't enough to resolve them to a satisfactory degree and they drag on into the next arc and bring that down in turn.

It has pacing issues, but I don't have a problem with the long arc. It allows you to have small arcs that progress the story bit by bit and throw a little more knowledge at you each time. It's like Game of Thrones- there are some questions that have been unanswered since the first book, but there's more than enough going on that the buildup to answering them is ok.

Greenstrings

All Star
Daps
It has pacing issues, but I don't have a problem with the long arc. It allows you to have small arcs that progress the story bit by bit and throw a little more knowledge at you each time. It's like Game of Thrones- there are some questions that have been unanswered since the first book, but there's more than enough going on that the buildup to answering them is ok.

Nah the vast majority of Manga are bad with pacing but that's par for the course. The problem is he isn't throwing knowledge he's throwing intrigue and there isn't enough depth for these mysteries to work off of. RR Martin can hold off because he has the space in which to build a vast, richly textured world, but you can't do in Manga what you can in a book. With GoT so much time was spent establishing the order of things in the first book and beyond plus there's so much else to think about that a lot of these questions just become a part of the furniture. With how narrow a Manga's focus has to be these questions become elephants in the room.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok can somebody who reads the manga answer the following questions in spoilers....

Where do the titans come from?

Whats the deal with the guy in the wall? ok I just read that this hasn't been explained yet...which is ridiculous

How can certain people turn into titans?

What happens when Eren uses the key on his neck?

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis
whats wrong with the pacing, i dont get it. seems like alot of u just want 2 c a bunch of titan slashing instead of actual character builds and explanations. i feel this series is perfect, alot of people only wait til something becomes popular than starts 2 complain about it, but that could just be me

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
whats wrong with the pacing, i dont get it. seems like alot of u just want 2 c a bunch of titan slashing instead of actual character builds and explanations. i feel this series is perfect, alot of people only wait til something becomes popular than starts 2 complain about it, but that could just be me

they barely explain anything breh idk what story you've been reading :comeon:

and yes, as far as this show is concerned, that last statement is just you

Ok can somebody who reads the manga answer the following questions in spoilers....

Where do the titans come from?

Whats the deal with the guy in the wall? ok I just read that this hasn't been explained yet...which is ridiculous

How can certain people turn into titans?

What happens when Eren uses the key on his neck?

none of these have been answered yet breh :sadcam: