Shin Megami Tensei V announced for Nintendo Switch (Atlus JRPG)

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Hope not. I can see Nintendo censoring some things

I don't think we'll be seeing any censoring by Nintendo, they're being more open to "mature and risque" games on the Switch and they're letting Monolithsoft run wild with some of the female designs in Xenoblade 2.

And then there's this shyt that just came out in Japan.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I don't think we'll be seeing any censoring by Nintendo, they're being more open to "mature and risque" games on the Switch and they're letting Monolithsoft run wild with some of the female designs in Xenoblade 2.

Al Franken the game is perverted but harmless, Doom was censored a bit, so would this if it tried to cross certain lines

Also, when did people start playing this series? @Fatboi1 said I was mad for asking, another guy told me about the ds version but that was still recent. Is that when the majority of you guys started playing this series?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Al Franken the game is perverted but harmless, Doom was censored a bit, so would this if it tried to cross certain lines

Also, when did people start playing this series? @Fatboi1 said I was mad for asking, another guy told me about the ds version but that was still recent. Is that when the majority of you guys started playing this series?
The series been out. it's a niche series. It's only because it's coming out on the Switch that it has a bit of a following.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

2016 Doom?
I've played nearly all of it on the Switch after having previously played on XB1, there's no censoring at all.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

The SMT series started all the way back in 1987 on the Famicom it had a small cult following in japan and saw a built a niche audience stateside when SMT Nocturne came out on the PS2 in America.

Also, there's a rare SMT game on the OG Xbox.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Hope that Senran Kagura comes to the west :scheme:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
When did you 5 dudes get together to play this game :wtf:

This isn't a series even really known about outside of Japan and the internet. How did this start, was the original on gameboy?

the Persona success, got me, dude, and I ain't even play it. I did enjoy Tokyo Mirage Sessions tho. So I'm all in. Same with Fire Emblem. I'm copping the Switch game even tho I've never played a fire emblem game.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Probably coming out 2022

:francis:

Need to quell my SMT fix and almost ordered a ds for Strange Journey. May have to do that after all.
if they announced it in 17 it should be ready to go by early 2021:gucci:

as for an american release atlus always takes their sweet time getting the smt and persona series out :mjcry:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
if they announced it in 17 it should be ready to go by early 2021:gucci:

as for an american release atlus always takes their sweet time getting the smt and persona series out :mjcry:

SMT 2 came out in 94
Nocturne 03
SMT4 2013

It's not looking good, 2022 is my optimism that it's not a development hell. They said they are using unreal engine 4, which is new to them.

Not to mention their teams started working on it when they assembled a full staff in January 2018.

Add in Atlus development time, looking like another two years.