Shin Megami Tensei V announced for Nintendo Switch (Atlus JRPG)

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it coming out on the Switch was a given.
I'm guessing we'll be getting this 2019. Strange Journey should over me next year

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Dont know why people upset that it's a Switch exclusive, it wasn't shown at any other press conference besides the Switch event in January.

Plus, Atlus with ports.:ld:

This game would be perfect for the couch and big screen. Will hold out for a Ps4 port.

Better off waiting for a Switch emulator.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
This game would be perfect for the couch and big screen. Will hold out for a Ps4 port.
breh you most never played an SMT game.. last time they came out for a Sony system was ps2 and psp(if you count persona).... outside of that SMT has been a Nintendo only

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
A few tidbits from the famitsu review

• he first Shin Megami Tensei title was released in October, 25 years ago. We wanted to tell everyone that the Shin Megami Tensei series will continue, so we used this timing to make the announcement.
  • One of the directions we are taking with Shin Megami Tensei V is to reexamine the “characteristics of the era.” There are surely many people frustrated by troubles both at home and abroad, such as anxiety about finding a job and getting old, or terrorists and nuclear weapons. I want to make a Shin Megami Tensei game that can sympathize with such an era. That is our challenge.
  • The keywords “Shekinah Glory,” which appeared in the trailer, literally translate to “miracle of God.” When you actually play it and have these keywords in your head, I think you will be able to feel their true meaning.
  • Shinagawa Station is one spot where modern day Tokyo is well represented. Of course, it is also involved in the story.
  • This is the first time Atlus is using Unreal Engine 4. The game development environment has changed dramatically, and you can check what you made immediately on the game screen, allowing us to cut down on a lot of time working over ideas and trial-and-error. I’m really grateful to have been introduced to it.
  • Nintendo Switch is a lovely platform where you can play high-definition quality games and freely take the hardware from place to place.
    • According to Ryokutya2089, the reason Atlus chose to make Shin Megami Tensei V for Switch is because it plays high-definition quality games and you can freely take it on the go. Yamai said he wants to see users play the game in ways such as enjoying the story on their TV, and enjoying side activities such as demon fusion while in bed.
  • Classic elements like demon fusion will of course be included. We are also considering new elements.
  • Since this is the first Shin Megami Tensei game on a home console in a long time, I want to deliver a hybrid game that combines the profound appeal of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and the popular training elements of Shin Megami Tensei IV and the like.
  • At this point, we can’t even say it’s “Coming Soon!” yet, so please wait a little while longer.

Read more at Shin Megami Tensei V will be a game that sympathizes with the times - Gematsu

This game sounds like we have a ways to go since Atlus can't even give a solid timeframe when this will drop:francis:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
A few tidbits from the famitsu review

This game sounds like we have a ways to go since Atlus can't even give a solid timeframe when this will drop:francis:

Well at least they're being realistic this time.
CquQDFKWcAEJRjk.jpg

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
@Fatboi1 got any fanboy theories based on the trailer? Do you think we're seeing the player character at all here? And what's with the pile of dead demons?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm guessing the main character is the dude since he's in several shots.
The dead demons :yeshrug:
People have been speculating possibly dual protagonists cause of the girl being with him

I think this game could be out a lot sooner than people think. Remember, they're using UE4 instead of building a custom engine and they're also re-using a bunch of Persona 5 assets for the demons rather than creating them from scratch. That's gonna knock a lot of development time off