She looks like she belongs in ancient Egypt

emoney

custom user title
Daps
After reading through some of the thread, it still boggles my mind that people will make the case that Egypt was anything other than an African society. Feels like I'm back on old school ES with these same type of arguments.

Nobody is disagreeing they were Indigenous African, the argument for the last few pages is which Africans (Afro-Asiatic, Niger-Congo, Nilo-Saharan) were closer genetically to them and can claim the legacy

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
And I love it :ahh:

Just don't hate try your hardest to disassociate us from people who look like us....talk like us....have the same swag AND who believed our region was their ancestral homeland.

Come on b.

I'm not doing anything.

You are more than welcome to be desperate and delusional :skip:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
And I love it :ahh:

Just don't hate try your hardest to disassociate us from people who look like us....talk like us....have the same swag AND who believed our region was their ancestral homeland.

Come on b.

They actually believed it was the area of Nubia(which is backed up by studies) or even Central Africa based off the Mountains of the Moon thingy(which is backed up tools they used). Just saying.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
When people study this ... they study sudan as well because of the link.

"The Department of Ancient Egypt and Sudan at the British Museum houses an important collection of objects which illustrate every aspect of the cultures of the Nile Valley, from the Neolithic period (about 10,000 BC) until the twelfth century AD."

The ancient Nubians/Kushytes are the ancestors of modern North Sudanese people. According to the Biblical Table of Nations, the ancient Nubians are the descendants of Ham, the son of Noah. According to the system of linguistic classification, the modern Nubian language is identified as part of the Eastern Sudanic language group. The classification of the ancient Nubian language is not determined and is still debated.

The ancient Nubians practiced agriculture along the Nile valley, building one of the very early world civilizations. On the eastern and western deserts of the Nile, certain Nubian groups adopted nomadic lifestyles together with subsistent agriculture. The nomads of Eastern Sudan were known to the ancient Egyptians as the "Medjay-Nubians", to the Romans as the "Blemmies", and later to the Arabs as the "Beja". Nubian nomads also lived and herded in the western deserts of Sudan, side by side, with the "Libyans". After the Arab migrations into Sudan, following the Arab invasions of the fourteenth century CE, many Arabs settled and intermarried with the local population. As most of the immigrants were men, and since Arabs follow a patreliniar tradition (i.e., the children take the identity of their fathers), most Sudanese today define themselves as Arabs.

However, a minority did not intermarry with the Arabs and preserved a Nubian identity. This resulted in an ethnic division of Arab identity and Nubian identity. Intermarriages with other foreigners took place at different times and in other parts of Sudan, which caused the Nubian identity to wither greatly. For example, in Western Sudan, few of the ancient Nubian nomads, who inhabited those regions since ancient times, had intermixed with West- African immigrants from the Sub-Sahara, as well as with Arab settlers.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Nobody is disagreeing they were Indigenous African, the argument for the last few pages is which Africans (Afro-Asiatic, Niger-Congo, Nilo-Saharan) were closer genetically to them and can claim the legacy

I saw posts implying that Egypt was "multicultural" and "multiracial" that lowkey suggests that they were non-African in origin. I've seen these arguments for years everywhere and they aren't new at all. In regards to who has "claim" over them, to me that is just silly. Egypt just like many other African societies should be celebrated by the African family as a whole.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I saw posts implying that Egypt was "multicultural" and "multiracial" that lowkey suggests that they were non-African in origin. I've seen these arguments for years everywhere and they aren't new at all. In regards who has "claim" over them, to me that is just silly.

That was debunked on page three by me. Check it out.

elias1

Rookie
Daps
Again doesn't mean what you are suggesting but really just means genetic interaction imo.

Interaction of what exactly? Tell me what the principal component for Cushytic is exactly? Who are the Cush*cs? When you take away their West Asian admixture, what exactly are they? Let me in as to what you think their origins are.

Where in your link does it suggest that the majority of Cushyte speakers carry Haplogroup A like you are suggesting. Can you cite me where?

Unless you are blind, every single cushytic group (now that I looked at it, even the Somalis) carry it mate, maybe you need to look into it more.
Also can you explain why Somalis plot away from Nilotics?
zlp215.png
Lol Number one, this study is a very low resolution old study and it's conclusions are very flimsy, I've seen it already. The researcher being confused to the outcome of his work even at times suggests Somalis are a Bantu-Arab mulatto group lol Secondly it Seems like you are not familiar with Genetic relations plots . The more Eurasian you are, the more you plot away from native SSA, as you can see, the Nubians and Somalis are on the 50/50 mark with Somalis being a bit more Eurasian. Egyptian Muslim Arabs are less pure with Coptic (Likely Greek and roman admixed) northerns being the most West Asian. Also in the first plot, Somalis are actually being plotted towards the Egyptian sample which if anything kind of supports the nile valley component of Cushytcs. Your question is moot and it seems you are not familiar with plots like this, Someone could ask the question, why do "Nubians" plot away from other Nilotics with Hausa being more closer to the others than them? It's not about that at all. You seem confused.