She Came From Hong Kong To Get With A Breh

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
I love she teaching the kid Chinese. Chinese is a tonal language, it's basically like musical training. It's why nearly half of Chinese musicians have Absolute/Perfect Pitch while only 1% of the rest of the western world's musicians do. It's why it's rare to hear a Chinese person sing off-tune and why there are so many good Chinese violinists (an instrument that doesn't have frets to locate pitches).

Western music is based around 7 tones (do-re-me-f-so-la-ti), Chinese everyday language/way-of-life is based around 12 tones.

I already know that child is going to have sharp ears the way she understands her mother and was speaking Chinese to her at the start. Musical training should be pursued from here to really nourish her ability. She has a very distinct advantage.

This has nothing to do with the post, but it’s very interesting :ohhh:

I’ve always heard that English is the “dumbest” language in terms of accessing brain potential, as well as the least effective language to utilize the spoken word for manifestation.

We all should really know multiple languages :manny:

Yeah, the English language is actually really good system because it's simple. The people who came up with it made good decisions as people can pick it up really quickly/easily. However, many Western languages do next to nothing for each person's brain.

Somebody who speaks a tonal language got all the advantages and then some once they learn English. It's why it's so easy for them to learn English, but it's why English-only people have a very difficult time learning a more tonal language. It's cosmically different and requires other parts of the brain.

It also does make for some very condensed, quick reading. Apparently many textbooks written in Chinese are compact and less verbose. I do think there's something very efficient about tonal languages once someone gets it, learning it is just the difficult part.

It's only something I found interesting in the video because I saw the mother and daughter talking to each other in her native tongue. A lot of immigrants here lose their native language to their own detriment as they dumb down to adopt English as their main language.

China, Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia and Central America have the most intricate tonal languages. Navajo is apparently the most complex language to learn. So if someone can speak that fluently, most other languages are probably a piece of cake.
Thai, Igbo, Yòrúba, Punjabi (to a lesser extent), Zulu and Navajo are all tonal-based. When I realized these cats communicate musically :wow:

So that "Ching Chong Bing Bong" is more like musical training every day for them.

You cats gonna make me learn chinese :ohhh:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
She must have p*ssy made out of gold because she’s average…

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Knew what it was gonna look like when I read the thread title.

Asian women are some of the most shallow women in the world. There was no way she was going to be anything other than what we saw here.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Knew what it was gonna look like when I read the thread title.

Asian women are some of the most shallow women in the world. There was no way she was going to be anything other than what we saw here.
But western men are deep? Have you read through this thread? Some of you niccas here need to learn self awareness before talking.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, the English language is actually really good system because it's simple. The people who came up with it made good decisions as people can pick it up really quickly/easily. However, English and other Western languages do next to nothing for each person's brain.

Somebody who speaks a tonal language got all the advantages and then some once they learn English. It's why it's so easy for them to learn English, but it's why English-only people have a very difficult time learning a more tonal language. It's cosmically different and requires other parts of the brain.

It also does make for some very condensed, quick reading. Apparently many textbooks written in Chinese are compact and less verbose. I do think there's something very efficient about tonal languages once someone gets it, learning it is just the difficult part.

It's only something I found interesting in the video because I saw the mother and daughter talking to each other in her native tongue. A lot of immigrants here lose their native language to their own detriment as they dumb down to adopt English as their main language.

China, Sub-Saharan Africa, Southeast Asia and Central America have the most intricate tonal languages. Navajo is apparently the most complex language to learn. So if someone can speak that fluently, most other languages (and music) are probably a piece of cake.

Thai, Igbo, Yòrúba, Punjabi, Zulu and Navajo are all tonal-based. When I realized these cats communicate musically :wow:

So that "Ching Chong Bing Bong" is more like musical training every day for them.

dope information :obama: started chatting with an LLM before reading your post...

Indeed, the information you provided is accurate! Tonal languages are prevalent across Africa, contributing to the continent's rich linguistic diversity. Let's delve into some key points:

1. **Tonal Languages in Africa**:
- **Virtually All Languages**: Most African languages are tonal, meaning that the pitch or tone of a word can change its meaning. This feature is widespread across the continent.
- **Niger-Congo and Nilo-Saharan**: Both the Niger-Congo and Nilo-Saharan language families include tonal languages. These families cover a significant portion of Africa.
- **Complex Systems**: While many African languages have simple tone systems, more complex systems are also found, especially in West Africa².

2. **Examples of Tonal Languages**:
- **Nigeria**: Besides Yoruba, Nigeria boasts other tonal languages like Igbo, Edo, and Efik.
- **Ghana**: Akan, Ewe, and Ga are tonal languages spoken in Ghana.
- **Benin**: Fon and Gbe languages in Benin exhibit tonality.
- **Togo**: Ewe and Kabye languages in Togo are also tonal.
- **Cameroon**: Many Cameroonian languages, including Bamum, Bamenda, and Duala, use tones.
- **Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)**: Bantu languages like Kikongo, Lingala, and Kiswahili in the DRC are tonal.
- **Ethiopia**: Amharic, Ethiopia's official language, is tonal.
- **Kenya and Tanzania**: Luo, Luhya (Kenya), and Sukuma, Nyamwezi (Tanzania) are examples.
- **South Africa**: Zulu, Xhosa, and Sesotho are tonal languages spoken in South Africa.

3. **Specific Examples**:
- **Shona (Zimbabwe)**: A Bantu language with three tones: high, low, and falling.
- **Zulu (South Africa)**: Another Bantu language with three tones.
- **Ewe (Ghana and Togo)**: A Gbe language with two tones: high and low.
- **Fon (Benin)**: Also a Gbe language with two tones.
- **Wolof (Senegal and The Gambia)**: A West African language with two tones.
- **Kinyarwanda (Rwanda)**: A Bantu language with three tones.

4. **Cultural Significance**:
- Tonal languages play a crucial role in African culture, reflecting historical, social, and regional nuances. They contribute to the vibrant tapestry of African heritage.

In summary, Africa's linguistic landscape is richly adorned with tonal languages, each adding its unique melody to the continent's symphony of communication and expression¹. If you have any more questions or need further information, feel free to ask! 😊

Source: Conversation with Copilot, 7/12/2024
(1) WALS Online - Chapter Tone - World Atlas of Language Structures. WALS Online - Chapter Tone.
(2) Languages of Africa - Wikipedia. Languages of Africa - Wikipedia.
(3) African languages and phonological theory - University of California .... https://linguistics.berkeley.edu/~hyman/GLOT_Phonology_African_Lgs.pdf.