She Came From Hong Kong To Get With A Breh

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Internet poisoned people won't recognize that this is what most couples look like. Completely unimpressive because most people aren't. Social media got people fukked up thinking any Asian woman that doesn't look like Anna sawai is ugly and every man that doesn't look like Michael B Jordan is disgusting.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I love she teaching the kid Chinese. Chinese is a tonal language, it's basically like musical training. It's why nearly half of Chinese musicians have Absolute/Perfect Pitch while only 1% of the rest of the western world's musicians do (and 1 out of every 10,000 Americans). It's why it's rare to hear a Chinese person sing off-tune and why there are so many good Chinese violinists (an instrument that doesn't have frets to locate pitches).

In a study done in the UK, researchers found that Chinese speakers use both temporal lobes of the brain for language, including the right, which also processes music. In contrast, English speakers use only the left temporal lobe.
So no - not all Chinese speakers can sing. But they do have a slight advantage in terms of musical inclination.

If you have a young child and are planning to raise him/her to become the next Beyonce, maybe teaching him/her how to speak Chinese will help you get a jump start on things.
Psychologist Diana Deutsch of the University of California, San Diego began to challenge assumptions about nature's dominant role in perfect pitch abilty when she found that perfect pitch is not an isolated skill, but rather broadly linked to strong speech and comprehension skills. In her study, subjects were read a series of numbers and asked to repeat them in sequence. (Most of us have an “auditory digit span” of at least 10, as we can commit a 3-digit area code and a 7 digit phone number to either short- or long-term memory.) Subjects with perfect pitch were consistently able to recall longer strings of digits with greater accuracy, indicating that perfect pitch, long attention spans, and a strong memory all go together. In Deutsch’s words, the findings “therefore show that perfect pitch is associated with an unusually large memory span for speech sounds, which in turn could facilitate the development of associations between pitches and their spoken languages early in life."
The Central Conservatory musicians routinely outperformed their Eastman counterparts in Dr. Deutsch’s experiments. Deutch's study found, “for students who had begun musical training between ages 4 and 5, approximately 60 percent of the Chinese speakers tested as having perfect pitch, while only about 14 percent of the U.S. nontone language speakers did. For those who had begun training between 6 and 7, approximately 55 percent of the Chinese and 6 percent of the U.S. met the criterion. And for those beginning between 8 and 9, the figures were 42 percent of the Chinese and zero of the U.S. group.”

Western music is based around 7 tones (do-re-me-fa-so-la-ti), Chinese everyday language/way-of-life is based around 12 tones.

I already know that child is going to have sharp ears the way she understands her mother and was speaking Chinese to her at the start. Musical training should be pursued from here to really nourish her ability. Not to mention how well that'll scale into things like Math, Science, etc. She has a very distinct advantage because she has a mother that wants to keep her culture in the states.

Dude could have a real talented Blasian on his hands. A straight up winning lotto ticket. Just let the mother keep doing her thing linguistically and continue to be a good husband/father.

Last edited:

RugbyMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love she teaching the kid Chinese. Chinese is a tonal language, it's basically like musical training. It's why nearly half of Chinese musicians have Absolute/Perfect Pitch while only 1% of the rest of the western world's musicians do. It's why it's rare to hear a Chinese person sing off-tune and why there are so many good Chinese violinists (an instrument that doesn't have frets to locate pitches).

Western music is based around 7 tones (do-re-me-f-so-la-ti), Chinese everyday language/way-of-life is based around 12 tones.

I already know that child is going to have sharp ears the way she understands her mother and was speaking Chinese to her at the start. Musical training should be pursued from here to really nourish her ability.
This has nothing to do with the post, but it’s very interesting :ohhh:

I’ve always heard that English is the “dumbest” language in terms of accessing brain potential, as well as the least effective language to utilize the spoken word for manifestation.

We all should really know multiple languages :manny: