Shartfield (XSX, PC) 9.1.23 (Sharted Space DLC Out Now)

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I already posted in-game screenshots on the last page, you tell me if they look like a ps4 game :mjpls:
I’m not there yet, just in the damn tutorial tunnel :dead: I thought someone messed with my contrast on the LG Oled.

I really debated on buying it again on steam right then and there.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I got a 4080 and this shyt looks very very unimpressive with maxed everything I don't even want to imagine what the console version looks like.

You playing at 4K or 1440p

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

Bethesda games are known for being able to explore, true open world games. Not being able to travel normally through a star system, in a ship without fast travel, in a game called Starfield is wild.
I'm 25 hrs in and haven't hit a single boundary. And as for loading screens, yon mostly experience them if you decide to abuse the fast travel. I honestly don't remember them shyts because the last about 10 secs. Constantly fast travel isn't a requirement nor is running in across a barren planet that has one of 4 climate extremes that will kill you in several minutes.

The only way I see anything of this being an issue is you actively try to experience any of it, which is easy to do. This reminds me of the RDR2 players who complained about big maps and the game being boring, because they fast traveled everywhere. :mjlol: there are many issues with this game but fast travel are invisible boundaries aren't it. If anything, they make the experience easier.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
I'm 25 hrs in and haven't hit a single boundary. And as for loading screens, yon mostly experience them if you decide to abuse the fast travel. I honestly don't remember them shyts because the last about 10 secs. Constantly fast travel isn't a requirement nor is running in across a barren planet that has one of 4 climate extremes that will kill you in several minutes.

The only way I see anything of this being an issue is you actively try to experience any of it, which is easy to do. This reminds me of the RDR2 players who complained about big maps and the game being boring, because they fast traveled everywhere. :mjlol: there are many issues with this game but fast travel are invisible boundaries aren't it. If anything, they make the experience easier.
Exactly, that’s where people who haven’t played the game get exposed. This is a Bethesda game all the way thru for better or worse.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago

On a planet, after you scan everything get a trait you are done with it unless there is a mission that is on it. It is to the point i dont even land on random planets with no missions because it is a repetitive exercise. I would not even hit the boundary because running in one direction all you are going to get is randomly placed locations that if you play enough, you will have already seen before.

It does not matter what the planet is, they all are the same game wise. Scan minerals/animals, find traits and maybe go to a generic location to loot. And if rooting around generic locations is your thing, you can go to a different section of Jemison and farm it. It will be just the same as going to a different planet. Bringing RDR 2 into this where they painstakingly made the world by hand rather than let it be randomized is pointless.

Last edited:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Screenshot-2023-09-06-at-6-26-36-PM.png

Was gonna wait for a sale but I think I'm about to pick it up at full price now :mjgrin:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Exactly, that’s where people who haven’t played the game get exposed. This is a Bethesda game all the way thru for better or worse.
You dudes need to stop saying that. Most of the people here that have complaints not only have played this game but have played other Bethesda games. I have played their games for over 20 years, so i know what a Bethesda game is and in regards to exploration, this is not it.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I already posted in-game screenshots on the last page, you tell me if they look like a ps4 game :mjpls:

Uhh yeah. it does :dead: I understand that this is bigger than 99% of ps4 games, but if we were to place games side to side and compare visuals its quite a few which will look better than this easily.

posting these shyts like a mic drop. The game is not visually impressive, doesn't mean it isn't fun or good. It doesn't help that art direction is also drab asf.