Sharp Objects (HBO MiniSeries murder mystery w/ Amy Adams. Based off Gillian Flynn book) (July 8th)

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
At this point this is some cac nonsense. Ol'girl comes from a wealthy family but cuts herself all over because she has an overbearing mother and lived in a boring ass town with nothing to do. :beli: Welcome to America y'all.

Except the maid, where are the black folk? :mjpls:

Someone here says she even walks like an alcoholic, what the fukk does that even mean? Nah it is the same boring look in each scene. If she even gets nominated for an emmy I will be pissed.

The timeline in this show is not making sense either. LIke when she checked in to that psych unit, and made a friend there. Was that suppose to be a couple of years ago?, because she took the ipod.

I am going to put my speculation in spoiler just in case

I am going to assume she was raped or gang raped when she was a kid by those boys. It seems like they are hinting that, and of course the mother probably blames her or some shyt, so she started cutting to relieve the stress. I am not sure yet who the killer is.

I just moved to the midwest last year and for a small MO town like that I wouldn't be surprised if the only black people they see are the ones that drive from different cites to work.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Garbage, reskinned true detective season 1
tenor.gif

I feel bad for falling asleep during the last episode, but I blame myself for that one. The episode itself was my favorite one so far. Yeah, the show is slow paced and all, but the payoff near the end was worth the wait. Not going to lie, the flashbacks were confusing....especially since Camille looked the same as present-day. Her world is so surreal like though, someone else nailed it when they said it feels like a fever dream....it definitely reminds me of something David Lynch would cook up.

At this point, and thanks to the fukktards who already spoiled the show for me, I'm not watching this to find out who committed the murders, but just observing the behaviors of all the characters and the bleakness of Wind Gap. When you come to terms and accept that this isn't True Detective S1 or Big Little Lies, you'll enjoy it more.

I'm also digging the different opening themes for each episode, very reminiscent of the beloved Leftovers S3. For whatever reason, HBO already dropped episode 4's opening on their YouTube channel.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
well at least something happened this ep. Why they chose to edit the ending like that is beyond me tho. Couldnt just make it straight forward. Had to add all these flashback shots and shyt. Wish they'd stop that but i guess its the MO. The mother gonna be even more intolerable next ep :snoop:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The direction of this series has been aces and the acting has been impressive but for some reason I don't care one solid gotdam about anything that is going on within the framework of the show from one episode to the next.
It is bizarre because I don't recall ever having this dilemma with any other series before.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This show is officially hot trash, but I am invested in this fukken show, so I have to see it to the end.

What the fukk? Are there actually white families like this? No wonder America is so fukked up. Scut.

I must have yawned at least 4 times watching this bullshyt.

I hope the killer kills everyone in this fukken town.

Kixx

Pro
Daps
I didn't watch last nights episode, but the show has been kinda disappointing so far. It has a similar pacing and feel to True Detective. It is really well acted and written, but it can move really slow at times. After a few episodes, I feel like Amy Adams hasn't really made any progress in the case. I don't mind slow burn shows, but don't like when I watch multiple episodes and feel like it went no where. I'll likely continue to watch but it wasn't what I thought it would be. My guess is at some point it will pick up and be an easier watch. Since there are only a handful of episodes left, I would think it gets better by next week.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Expect a True Detective S3 teaser after the finale. They wrap up filming on the 5th of August and the season is due to premiere during the top of next year.

:demonic: