Sharp Objects (HBO MiniSeries murder mystery w/ Amy Adams. Based off Gillian Flynn book) (July 8th)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I like the way the cop pointed out how "ludicrous" it is that a town in this day and age would have NO cameras at all, just when it was starting to get obvious that SOMETHING should have been caught on camera.

What exactly was going on with the little sister at the end? I didn't get it.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Show is Nyquil so far. I can't even tell if its good or not cuz I don't care. HBO struck out on this. At least so far.

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
momma aint slick, we know you the killer:martin:

edit: get punked by your lil sister brehettes :mjlol:

I like a slow burn but ep 3 needs to pick up the pace. Or at least have shyt go down
looks like we might not get nothin til ep 7 at this pace :lupe:

Last edited:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
maaaaaan this shyt is ok but i be bored af a lot during these eps. All this unexplained cac drama just feels like filler. The way its told is annoying af too. The way they will flashback to a past moment during a present moment. They do that shyt constantly too. Imma finish it out but im caring less and less

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
At this point this is some cac nonsense. Ol'girl comes from a wealthy family but cuts herself all over because she has an overbearing mother and lived in a boring ass town with nothing to do. :beli: Welcome to America y'all.

Except the maid, where are the black folk? :mjpls:

Someone here says she even walks like an alcoholic, what the fukk does that even mean? Nah it is the same boring look in each scene. If she even gets nominated for an emmy I will be pissed.

The timeline in this show is not making sense either. LIke when she checked in to that psych unit, and made a friend there. Was that suppose to be a couple of years ago?, because she took the ipod.

I am going to put my speculation in spoiler just in case

I am going to assume she was raped or gang raped when she was a kid by those boys. It seems like they are hinting that, and of course the mother probably blames her or some shyt, so she started cutting to relieve the stress. I am not sure yet who the killer is.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
But to try and watch this new episode
Im high as hell in my office
I might not make it
Lol

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
At this point this is some cac nonsense. Ol'girl comes from a wealthy family but cuts herself all over because she has an overbearing mother and lived in a boring ass town with nothing to do. :beli: Welcome to America y'all.

Except the maid, where are the black folk? :mjpls:

Someone here says she even walks like an alcoholic, what the fukk does that even mean? Nah it is the same boring look in each scene. If she even gets nominated for an emmy I will be pissed.

The timeline in this show is not making sense either. LIke when she checked in to that psych unit, and made a friend there. Was that suppose to be a couple of years ago?, because she took the ipod.

I am going to put my speculation in spoiler just in case

I am going to assume she was raped or gang raped when she was a kid by those boys. It seems like they are hinting that, and of course the mother probably blames her or some shyt, so she started cutting to relieve the stress. I am not sure yet who the killer is.

I like the show, but yeah, the way they just jump to flashbacks at random time periods is confusing and kind of annoying. It's funny the people complained about Westworld having multiple timelines, but this show just jumps back and forth to random time periods with no explanation and it doesn't seem to be a major topic of conversation. (I guess its supposed to simulate alcoholic flashbacks or something?)

About the psych ward:

Yeah, it had to be a couple of years ago. The phone she took is the same broken up phone we see her listening to in the car in the pilot episode.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I like the show, but yeah, the way they just jump to flashbacks at random time periods is confusing and kind of annoying. It's funny the people complained about Westworld having multiple timelines, but this show just jumps back and forth to random time periods with no explanation and it doesn't seem to be a major topic of conversation. (I guess its supposed to simulate alcoholic flashbacks or something?)

About the psych ward:

Yeah, it had to be a couple of years ago. The phone she took is the same broken up phone we see her listening to in the car in the pilot episode.

But she looks exactly the same. :mindblown:

If this happened only a few years ago. Why did the stepdad be like "Who?" when she arrived and her mother told him who arrived?

But you are right though, it is just not very clear.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I like it, but it's very languid and nearly drags at times, without being very believable, which may be purposeful, as it is somewhat of a fever dream. The book moved a bit quicker, as I remember, and the flashbacks worked much better in the novel, rather than in real time on screen. It isn't quite grimy enough to be real, or dreamy enough to be nightmarish, it seems stuck in second gear at three episodes in.