Share a fact that legitimately blew your mind when you found it.

Daps
Yep dude had all gold everything and so did everyone in the kingdom. One of his weaknesses was that he flossed too much and made outsiders envious.

How was this his weakness?

What you said is literally nowhere in the history of Mansa Musa that I read.

If anything, he was being extremely generous with his gold and giving it to people freely.

What the hell are you talking about? :mindblown:

Yall in here just making stuff up? :mjtf:

BigTyme Records

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The speed of light and time.

Something that’s a light year away from earth being seen from a telescope is actually how that object looked a year ago because that’s how long the light took to reach the telescope to view it :ohhh::merchant:

Another example. If I was on a planet 100 light years from earth looking at earth through a telescope the earth I would be seeing would be how the earth looked in 1920!!!!:mindblown::mindblown:

It make perfect sense too.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
The speed of light and time.

Something that’s a light year away from earth being seen from a telescope is actually how that object looked a year ago because that’s how long the light took to reach the telescope to view it :ohhh::merchant:

Another example. If I was on a planet 100 light years from earth looking at earth through a telescope the earth I would be seeing would be how the earth looked in 1920!!!!:mindblown::mindblown:

It make perfect sense too.
That sounds like bullshyt. Call me ignant but no valid to measure this shyt to truly believe it.

BigTyme Records

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That sounds like bullshyt. Call me ignant but no valid to measure this shyt to truly believe it.

No valid measure? It’s literally called a light year

The speed of light = 186,000 miles per second

a light year = the distance light travels in a year.

our eyes can’t see anything without light reflecting off of it. = why we can’t see in pitch black.

the universe is huge af, so if I’m looking at something a light year away, the image ( aka the light reflecting off of it) has to take a year of travel to reach our eyes to see it. You get what I’m saying???

That’s basic starter shyt bruh. 100% of science agrees. With this. It’s a common fact.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
How was this his weakness?

What you said is literally nowhere in the history of Mansa Musa that I read.

If anything, he was being extremely generous with his gold and giving it to people freely.

What the hell are you talking about? :mindblown:

Yall in here just making stuff up? :mjtf:
I never heard of the jealousy thing, but he did fukk up the value of gold across north Africa for a time because he gave away too much of it on his Hajj

HoloGraphic

Trillionaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Astronomy needs to be a required course. shyt is mad humbling. Looking at the Hubble ultra deep field and realizing that every dot in that picture is an entire galaxy:damn:

Im reading in another thread that some covid patients still think covid is a hoax. People really are dumb.

Now imagine that same person trying to grasp the universe. Thats where you get flat earthers from.

It still blows my mind how dumb people are. Not like I'm a genius but damn, what percentage of people are idiots?

Daps
I never heard of the jealousy thing, but he did fukk up the value of gold across north Africa for a time because he gave away too much of it on his Hajj

that's what I'm saying. What you said is true, but what that other breh said is completely made up.

Mansa was too generous with his gold and crashed an economy. But how did that dude read that story and walk away with "jealousy was his downfall"?

:deadmanny:

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Think about it in a smaller metric and extrapolate outwards. It takes the light from the sun 8 minutes to get to the earth thats 1 light minute. 8 earth minutes = 1 light minute. The distance in space is measured by the speed of light and is usually scaled up to a light year for the sake of efficience.

Any light from any object in space is travelling till the photons hit something that can absorb it, its important to take into consideration the mind boggling vastness of space so any light from any object will travel for infinity till someone can observe it.

So considering the vastness of space, the distance the light will have to travel, when the light bounces off /reflects off an object in space the photons takes a screenshot of that moment in time and it travels untill it can be observed by the receiver who will see the screenshot as it was the moment it was taken; but because it has travelled so far the original object has moved or changed from how it was when the screenshot was originally taken. If the receiver was 8 light minutes away rather than 100 light years away the observer will see a screenshot more similar to the current state of the object.

A example would be if you're watching a 3 hour long movie and you screen shot it 3 minutes in, then sent that screenshot by courier to an observer 2 hours away. The receiver will only see the screenshot from 3 minutes in, meanwhile the movie is actually 2 hours and 3 minutes by the time the receiver observes it because time moves forward.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Astronomy needs to be a required course. shyt is mad humbling. Looking at the Hubble ultra deep field and realizing that every dot in that picture is an entire galaxy:damn:

Yep I completely agree! I'm looking forward to what the James Webb telescope will reveal.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
No valid measure? It’s literally called a light year

The speed of light = 186,000 miles per second

a light year = the distance light travels in a year.

our eyes can’t see anything without light reflecting off of it. = why we can’t see in pitch black.

the universe is huge af, so if I’m looking at something a light year away, the image ( aka the light reflecting off of it) has to take a year of travel to reach our eyes to see it. You get what I’m saying???

That’s basic starter shyt bruh. 100% of science agrees. With this. It’s a common fact.
You’re just regurgitating shyt. I can admit being wrong but no way to test it

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the first English slave ships to bring slaves from Africa was called "Jesus of Lubeck"