Shaquille O'Neal could have easily mirrored Wilt Chamberlain's #s in that era

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It just seems silly to shyt on players because of their era's

Wilt dominated his competition like nobody else was doing - this is a FACT

The man had back to back seasons where he was putting up 24 ppg, 24 rpg, 8-9 apg. His seasons before that he was scoring at an absolutely obscene level, regardless of era

Downplaying his greatness is just plain stupid.

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Terrible :snoop: thread

A lot of revisionist history going on in here. Before Shaq teamed up with Kobe many people looked at him as a disappointment and waste of talent/size. Dude is talking about Wilt's rings and has the nerve to say others are using junior high logic :heh:

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
That's all nice but he NEVER led the league in rebounds in his era. For all his beasting he's got 2 scoring titles. How does this suggest he would do what Wilt did in his era? No one is saying he wouldn't beast.

Like Shaq's dominance? :sas2:

Shaqs dominance is not exaggerated. He put up numbers against much larger competition (7footers). The guys guarding wilt in his era were the size of Kawhi Leonard on average.

2000 Finals
38.0 ppg, 16.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, 2.67 bpg .611 FG% 6 games W

2001 Finals
33.0 ppg, 15.8 rpg, 4.8 apg, 3.40 bpg, .573 FG% 5 games W

2002 Finals
36.3 ppg, 12.3 rpg, 3.8 apg, 2.75 bpg, .595 FG% 4 games W

And I hate when y'all bring up scoring titles. Smh. Do you know who was winning scoring titles during shaqs reign? Jordan the GOAT won it 4x ,:mjpls: Iverson the goat chucker won it 3x, :aicmon:David Robinson won it even tho he stole the scoring title from Shaq that year lol,:shaq2: Tracy McGrady won it twice and kobe won it twice.

Shaq would have won the scoring title every year in that era except for when he turned :flabbynsick: At the end of his career.

CoCKy GeNiuS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only Center that could of mirrored or even passed Wilt's numbers is HAKEEM....

Finesse, Foot Work, Agility , Jumper, Passing Ability, and Very High Ball IQ....

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shaqs dominance is not exaggerated.

2000 Finals
38.0 ppg, 16.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, 2.67 bpg .611 FG% 6 games W

2001 Finals
33.0 ppg, 15.8 rpg, 4.8 apg, 3.40 bpg, .573 FG% 5 games W

2002 Finals
36.3 ppg, 12.3 rpg, 3.8 apg, 2.75 bpg, .595 FG% 4 games W

And I hate when y'all bring up scoring titles. Smh. Do you know who was winning scoring titles during shaqs reign? Jordan the GOAT won it 4x ,:mjpls: Iverson the goat chucker won it 3x, :aicmon:David Robinson won it even tho he stole the scoring title from Shaq that year lol,:shaq2: Tracy McGrady won it twice and kobe won it twice.

Shaq would have won the scoring title every year in that era except for when he turned :flabbynsick: At the end of his career.

So he couldn't outscore a 6'6, 6'0, or 6'9 shooting guard, or a smaller C but he could fukk with Wilt's numbers? :usure:

Wilt was putting up those numbers every night though. If Shaq was doing 38 and 17 on a nightly basis then yeah we can talk about him matching Wilt's numbers.

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
Terrible :snoop: thread

A lot of revisionist history going on in here. Before Shaq teamed up with Kobe many people looked at him as a disappointment and waste of talent/size. Dude is talking about Wilt's rings and has the nerve to say others are using junior high logic :heh:

Shaq was a top 3 player in the league before teaming up with Kobe. Disappointment? Waste of talent ? :dahell:

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
So he couldn't outscore a 6'6, 6'0, or 6'9 shooting guard, or a smaller C but he could fukk with Wilt's numbers? :usure:

Wilt was putting up those numbers every night though. If Shaq was doing 38 and 17 on a nightly basis then yeah we can talk about him matching Wilt's numbers.
:snoop:

Jordan was the greatest scorer of all time despite his height, Iverson took a whole lot more field goal attempts than anyone else, David Robinson put up 73 to steal the scoring title since he was mad at Shaq for destroying him by dunking on him consistently lol, and McGrady and Kobe were some of the greatest scorers in nba history.

Go ahead and ignore the fact that pacing was different, that there was no 3 pt line, that coaches used to run up the scores and not rest there starters, and that wilt faced centers who were on average 6ft 7 230 pounds.

Believe in over inflated stats from a :hamster:Era. Brehs

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shaq was a top 3 player in the league before teaming up with Kobe. Disappointment? Waste of talent ? :dahell:
Yes - bigger than everyone else every day he was on the court, but no rings and one scoring title with only one finals appearance where they got swept :manny:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

Jordan was the greatest scorer of all time despite his height, Iverson took a whole lot more field goal attempts than anyone else, David Robinson put up 73 to steal the scoring title since he was mad at Shaq for destroying him by dunking on him consistently lol, and McGrady and Kobe were some of the greatest scorers in nba history.

Go ahead and ignore the fact that pacing was different, that there was no 3 pt line, that coaches used to run up the scores and not rest there starters, and that wilt faced centers who were on average 6ft 7 230 pounds.

Believe in

If you are as dominant as people trying to make Shaq out to be none of that should matter. :laff: at the simultaneous exaltation and plea copping. I am not saying he's not dominant or great but people just need to keep shyt in perspective. I addressed everything else you said in previous posts and you continue to ignore that.

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
Yes - bigger than everyone else every day he was on the court, but no rings and no scoring titles with only one finals appearance where they got swept :manny:
Jordan the GOAT won 4 scoring titles all those early years in Shaqs era .And he averaged 28.0 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 6.3 apg, 2.50 bpg, .595 FG% 4 games Against Olajuwon who peaked at this time. I followed Shaq since his rookie year and I never once heard that he's a waste of talent or disappointment especially considering he was only 21/22 years old the year the rockets swept the magic

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jordan the GOAT won 4 scoring titles all those early years in Shaqs era .And he averaged 28.0 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 6.3 apg, 2.50 bpg, .595 FG% 4 games Against Olajuwon who peaked at this time. I followed Shaq since his rookie year and I never once heard that he's a waste of talent or disappointment especially considering he was only 21/22 years old the year the rockets swept the magic
I did.

And again, you're changing the point of this thread, which is that Shaq would have mirrored Wilt's dominance. That's simply not supported by any facts.

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
If you are as dominant as people trying to make Shaq out to be none of that should matter. :laff: at the simultaneous exaltation and plea copping. I am not saying he's not dominant or great but people just need to keep shyt in perspective. I addressed everything else you said in previous posts and you continue to ignore that.

Your the one that's ignoring everything believing in wilts over exaggerated stats. Shaq was constantly near the tops in scoring in an era of GOAT scorers and 7ft hall of fame calibur competition. Shaq would have destroyed people in wilts era just like wilt did. Shaqs numbers would have been inflated too. I admit that wilt was better especially at rebounding and conditioning, but his numbers are straight :duck: When compared to other eras where the game was drastically different . I'm done here :camby:

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
I did.

And again, you're changing the point of this thread, which is that Shaq would have mirrored Wilt's dominance. That's simply not supported by any facts.

Shaq would have mirrored his dominance no question. Only edge I'd give wilt over Shaq is the rebounds per game and even that would be close .

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your the one that's ignoring everything believing in wilts over exaggerated stats. Shaq was constantly near the tops in scoring in an era of GOAT scorers and 7ft hall of fame calibur competition. Shaq would have destroyed people in wilts era just like wilt did. Shaqs numbers would have been inflated too. I admit that wilt was better especially at rebounding and conditioning, but his numbers are straight :duck: When compared to other eras where the game was drastically different . I'm done here :camby:
why did no one else in Wilt's era even come close to his numbers? You also don't even address the fact that no one, especially Shaq, had the conditioning that Wilt had.

Wilt averaged 46 minutes per game over the course of his career, and in 1962, Wilt only sat out EIGHT MINUTES of the ENTIRE SEASON. He was ejected with two technicals with eight minutes to go in one game, but played every minute (including overtimes) of each of the other 79 games that season. As a result of playing more minutes of overtime than he sat out during regulation, Wilt averaged 48.5 minutes per game that year, even though a regulation game is only 48 minutes.

Shaq has only had one season in which he averaged 40 min/game. He's never been a conditioning fanatic.

The average height of NBA centers back in Wilt's day was 6'10". Wilt towered a mere three inches over the opposition. Darral Imhoff, the center against whom he dropped the 100 points is 6'10. Bill Russell, the second best rebounder in league history and the center on which he grabbed a record setting 55 rebounds (but the Celtics won the game by three points) is also 6'10".

You don't see Yao Ming endangering these records, even though he has a four inch advantage over your average centers today. Besides, Walter Dukes is 7'1", Swede Halbrook is 7'3", and Mel Counts 7'0". How come none of these 60's players put up the same numbers as Wilt did? Height is not the reason for Wilt's domination which leads us to number four.