Shaq calls Rudy Gobert the worst NBA player ever. Rudy responds

dza

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area.
Rudys def not the worst but he doesn't deserve any of the accolades given to him. He's a product of the analytical nerds.

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
The owners are the ones who gave out that contract. I'm not gonna blame the players although personally after a certain amount very few players are worth their price tag as a matter of team economics. Singling out Rudy is corny because he isn't the only person this applies to.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

MAKE 250 AND BECOME
UNPLAYABLE IN THE POST SEASON.

You don't seem to know what that word means.

Gobert averages 30 minutes/game in the regular season and 34 minutes/game in the postseason. In his last 12 postseason series, he's averaged 34, 34, 35, 35, 33, 36, 33, 39, 30, 34, 36, and 35 minutes/game.

Minnesota was +10 with Gobert on the court and -6 with Gobert off the court in the 2024 postseason. His team has been better when he's on the court than when he's off in every one of the last 5 postseasons, and in three of those seasons (2021, 2023, and 2024) the gap has been 15+ in his favor.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
U kind of sucky if u can be unplayable on both ends in clutch time

thats unheard of for a prime elite player

Many historic elite bigs who shot free throws poorly would have been in the same situation if they played in this era. Those guys weren't going to fail to rotate out to shooters on one end only to get intentionally fouled on the other end.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I guess kwame brown doesn't exist

Kwame Brown lasted 12 years in the NBA, averaged 11 and 7 in Washington, started for a playoff team in two consectutive seasons and averaged 11 and 6 on 53% shooting there with several legitimately good games.

Kwame isn't even a top-3 worst ever #1 pick (Anthony Bennett, LaRue Martin, and arguably Michael Olowokandi).

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Many historic elite bigs who shot free throws poorly would have been in the same situation if they played in this era. Those guys weren't going to fail to rotate out to shooters on one end only to get intentionally fouled on the other end.
I get that but they not. He is.

Dog they had to make up a lie for him in the olympics.

I still can’t believe Utah gave him that deal and even more shocked Minny traded all those picks and players for him

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I get that but they not. He is.

I'm just saying, the NBA is more situational than it's ever been. Steph was getting substituted out on every defensive position in the clutch during the Olympics and targeted much of the rest of the time.....that would have been unheard of in older eras too but it's part of the game now.

I know he's sainted here so you can't say anything about him, but around 1981-1983 there were situations where the Lakers might have been better off sitting Magic late and playing with a Nixon-Cooper-Wilkes perimeter instead.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm just saying, the NBA is more situational than it's ever been. Steph was getting substituted out on every defensive position in the clutch during the Olympics and targeted much of the rest of the time.....that would have been unheard of in older eras too but it's part of the game now.

I know he's sainted here so you can't say anything about him, but around 1981-1983 there were situations where the Lakers might have been better off sitting Magic late and playing with a Nixon-Cooper-Wilkes perimeter instead.
Your 200 million guy can be unplayable on both sides of the ball. Its not a 3rd side lol

I never seen nothing like this ever. A prime dpoy hofer can be unplayable on both sides of the ball is crazy to me

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Your 200 million guy can be unplayable on both sides of the ball. Its not a 3rd side lol

I never seen nothing like this ever. A prime dpoy hofer can be unplayable on both sides of the ball is crazy to me
It would be crazy if it were true but its literally never been true. Some nikka said it on a talk show and people like you run with it even though it is regularly and easily disproven. Utah got cooked in a playoff series and the bad defense was blamed on the only good defender they actually had. And cats call him unplayable on offense but somehow Utah had top offenses in multiple years with him being one of their minutes leaders. In the 2 years with the wolves hEe’s never been played off the court and the team has been clearly better with him on the floor despite the other two bigs being an All Star and the 6th man of the year. None of the Rudy haters have any actual evidence to knock him. Its all ‘I feel’ and ‘I think’ and ‘but the 7’2” guy cant guard Steph or Luka in isolation’. Ive yet to see a reasonable take on him being anything less than a great defender.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It would be crazy if it were true but its literally never been true. Some nikka said it on a talk show and people like you run with it even though it is regularly and easily disproven. Utah got cooked in a playoff series and the bad defense was blamed on the only good defender they actually had. And cats call him unplayable on offense but somehow Utah had top offenses in multiple years with him being one of their minutes leaders. In the 2 years with the wolves hEe’s never been played off the court and the team has been clearly better with him on the floor despite the other two bigs being an All Star and the 6th man of the year. None of the Rudy haters have any actual evidence to knock him. Its all ‘I feel’ and ‘I think’ and ‘but the 7’2” guy cant guard Steph or Luka in isolation’. Ive yet to see a reasonable take on him being anything less than a great defender.
I watch the games with my own eyes. There are stretches on both sides where its 4 v 5. Dude miss easy buckets on offense and on defense when offense go to 5 out. He struggles more often than not. Dude makes a simple fadeaway. His opponents go into a temporary depression lol

Rudy should never be your 3rd best player and expect to win.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
I watch the games with my own eyes. There are stretches on both sides where its 4 v 5. Dude miss easy buckets on offense and on defense when offense go to 5 out. He struggles more often than not. Dude makes a simple fadeaway. His opponents go into a temporary depression lol

Rudy should never be your 3rd best player and expect to win.
Rudy is bad with the ball in his hands. But you’re obviously exaggerating and dont watxh as much as you claim. Rudy’s mistakes are ugly. When he misses it looks bad. But he still shoots over 66% every year. And he’s consistently over 60% from the line. Are those great numbers? No. But for someone people act like is allergic to scoring they’re pretty solidly ok. And oh yea, he’s giving you 12-13 boards a game, 3+ on offense. And maybe this is nerdy to you but its true that his O rating for his career is 127 which is well above average. So somehow, this guy that youre convinced is terrible is regularly improving his teams offense when he’s on the court and has done so consistently for 10 years. He’s a great screener, great rebounder and draws a ton of fouls, all things that help an offense. And he’s actually a decent finisher (but he does have bad hands). He’s not a perfect player and cant regularly make teams pay when they go small with the ball in his hands. But he does now crash the boards and put pressure on the rim.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rudy is bad with the ball in his hands. But you’re obviously exaggerating and dont watxh as much as you claim. Rudy’s mistakes are ugly. When he misses it looks bad. But he still shoots over 66% every year. And he’s consistently over 60% from the line. Are those great numbers? No. But for someone people act like is allergic to scoring they’re pretty solidly ok. And oh yea, he’s giving you 12-13 boards a game, 3+ on offense. And maybe this is nerdy to you but its true that his O rating for his career is 127 which is well above average. So somehow, this guy that youre convinced is terrible is regularly improving his teams offense when he’s on the court and has done so consistently for 10 years. He’s a great screener, great rebounder and draws a ton of fouls, all things that help an offense. And he’s actually a decent finisher (but he does have bad hands). He’s not a perfect player and cant regularly make teams pay when they go small with the ball in his hands. But he does now crash the boards and put pressure on the rim.
All them nerd stats mean jack shyt to me. No offense.

No prime dpoy/hofer should not be unplayable on both sides of the ball. Im not saying dude cant play minutes at all. But 200 milly and dpoy u should not get played off the court ever