Shannon Sharpe is 90% Nigerian

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Wow always assumed he was from that region

Speaking of that region….this news would get the same reaction from me if we found out that @tuckgod was from that specific part of the largest continent and not from the “12 united English colonies of North America”

fred

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
good shyt I watched them play the world cup vs argentina few years back had great fans great people

also ...dude is prolly massive pause...my friends guy who nigerian won the local contest for dong size when I was in high school. measured over 10 inches flacid

no fukking homo but yeah they said his shyt was on cowabunga :manny::whoa:

Found @cozycarl's burner.

Nikka really said "cowabunga"

Nikka just brought back "cowabunga" to the culture.

Imma log off and slam ass, cowabunga!
:mjlol:

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
It also does not literally mean Nigeria. It actually means the region around Nigeria, which could include Nigeria, Cameroon, Benin, Burkina Faso, Niger, Togo and Ghana. So it is a regional score moreso than a country specific score.

That's why there is push back when folks try to say he's definitively "Nigerian".

Not only is it paternalistic and disrespectful it's inaccurate.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
...thread turn hilarious

man was like...

2104cc09e4b6abbc00fc0ab22f9d4401--funny-sports-pictures-sports-photos.jpg

then tried to save his rep like:

l918x.jpg

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Niger or Nigeria means water. It is a Berber word describing the river or great river or something like that. The Niger river starts in the highlands of Guinea then flows north through Mali where it takes a right turn and goes through the modern countries of Niger and Benin and then it empties in Nigeria. So the countries were named after the river that the Berber people see in Mali. A while lady from England actually named the country of Nigeria during British colonialism. Before then that region was a bunch of different empires that the British sacked after those empires had weakened themselves during the slave trade and resultant wars.
Oh yeah, I get that, even if I’m not as well versed in the etymology as you. So thank you. It looks like mods straight merked a discussion we were having earlier in here :mjlol: but I was mostly referring to the contents of that. The designation of “Nigerian” was less important to me than the provenance.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I know this, 90% of 1 region is high for an AA.
THought so too...did my shyt 5 years ago and I was 90% but my African DNA was all over West and central Africa...im like 20 African nationalities wrapped into one

i dont know how he has 90% of one region/ethnicity...but he is from a rural part of Georgia where it's probably more homogeneous population of blacks