Shane Douglas' career character arc is pathetic

Daps
Reppin
NYC

M9nf4tB.jpg

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I never understood why he was in Revolution with Saturn, Benoit, and Malenko. They were accomplished guys and he seemed like a borderline jobber to me.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Admittedly I wasn’t even on WCW like that at the time. Was Douglas at least the mouthpiece for the group? Only logical reason to put him in
Yeah he was the mouthpiece, but it was weird cause the other 3 were established respected WCW guys, all multiple title holders, and all of sudden this nobody Dean Douglas 1/2 of the Dynamic Dudes comes outta nowhere acting like he’s leading them.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
did you not watch ECW??

and nevermind the fact that he was the only one that could promo.
I watched it occasionally if I was up that late and it was on, but no, not regularly. Most wrestling fans didn’t, you know. They watched the big 2, so yeah Dynamic Dude Dean was a nobody.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Looking at 99-00 WCW PPVs and this dude’s promos really suck. They’re like bootleg versions of Triple H’s boring promos.

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
I was at the raw when shane was in the crowd it was so awkward and we didn't know it was him at first.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I watched it occasionally if I was up that late and it was on, but no, not regularly. Most wrestling fans didn’t, you know. They watched the big 2, so yeah Dynamic Dude Dean was a nobody.

so you knew perry saturn but didnt know shane douglas??:rudy:

Looking at 99-00 WCW PPVs and this dude’s promos really suck. They’re like bootleg versions of Triple H’s boring promos.

he was doing it before triple h.
and his promos were better than trips.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
so you knew perry saturn but didnt know shane douglas??:rudy:
What are you talking about? I didn’t say I didn’t know Douglass, I said he was a nobody. Former ECW wrestlers like Guerrero, Benoit, Saturn, etc. that went to WCW had to build their rep to a WCW audience. ECW’s audience was a fraction of WCW’s audience, so for Douglass, a guy from ECW to be cutting all these promos and leading the Revolution was weird and out of place because Saturn, Benoit, and Malenko were reputable established entities in recent WCW and Dynamic Dean Douglass wasn’t, so it was like

EdiblePeskyEasternglasslizard-size_restricted.gif

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
What are you talking about? I didn’t say I didn’t know Douglass, I said he was a nobody. Former ECW wrestlers like Guerrero, Benoit, Saturn, etc. that went to WCW had to build their rep to a WCW audience. ECW’s audience was a fraction of WCW’s audience, so for Douglass, a guy from ECW to be cutting all these promos and leading the Revolution was weird and out of place because Saturn, Benoit, and Malenko were reputable established entities in recent WCW and Dynamic Dean Douglass wasn’t, so it was like

youre confusing the WCW audience's line-of-thinking with that of your typical marked out WWF fan.

alot of WCW's audience was already familiar with these dudes.
especially when youre talking about shane douglas who went over to WCW in 1999.:laugh: ECW as well as the internet were too big by that point for such statements to be made homie. even the most jaded WWF stanley was familiar with the ECW guys jumping over by that point. so youre telling me that the more smarkish WCW fan didnt know the franchise of ECW??

not to mention, he was last there just 6-years prior. the average hardcore fan who's of-age to spend money on the product was likely watching in 1993.

chris benoit?? was in wcw in '93. and signed back in '95.
guererro & malenko. those last names alone are recognizable with the WCW audience. nevermind their own appearances over there.

saturn was really the only one in the group with no priors in WCW, and he didnt have any trouble being recognized when he jumped over there.