Shakur Stevenson: "If Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard were to box today, people would call them runners"

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
This is not a today thing. People have always labeled a fighter a certain style because of a couple of fights.

I’ve always heard people describe Hagler as some sort of brawler or pressure fighter because of the Hearns fight. He fought that way against Tommy because he had to.

I think the shift in his style at the higher weights gets exaggerated anyway. Yeah he was more aggressive in general at lower weights, but he always fought differently due to the opponent and situations.

He had title fights at 130-135 where he was more defensive (Vargas, Castillo 2, Sosa) to go with the more aggressive ones. He spent most of the fight against Corrales on the back foot, but he landed absolutely perfectly timed shots and dropped him repeatedly. He was more offensive minded and threw more shots in his previous fight against Emanuel Augustus. He actually started off the Carlos Hernandez fight very aggressively, but went on his bike and fought southpaw after injuring his hand.

The way he fought Miguel Cotto in 12’ isn’t really much different at all than the Jesus Chavez fight in 01’.
I kinda agree but you expect most boxing fans to read nuance? A fukkton of boxing fans are the lowest common denominator. :mjlol:
You need pop up books written in crayons for a lot of them.... If they don't eat the crayons first :mjlol:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
You’re changing what being on a bike actually is. Floyd definitely wasn’t on his bike in any fight. Moving backwards while fighting isn’t “on his bike”. Moving WITHOUT fighting is on your bike. Fighting isn’t’t just coming forward or standing toe to toe. Fighting off the back foot is an art most of these boxers today don’t have, only fighters with rhythm can pull that off successfully. That’s another reason why casuals of today dislike talented boxers, because their fav boxers can not do that. They love toe to toe because that their only chance to see the superior boxer lose.
Lmfao how am I changing it? U just chatting, we agreeing but u typing a buncha bullshyt tryna sound intellectual

IMG-0057.jpg

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Lmfao how am I changing it? U just chatting, we agreeing but u typing a buncha bullshyt tryna sound intellectual

IMG-0057.jpg
I’ll ignore your dumbass insults. Like I said, being on the bike is moving WITHOUT fighting aka punching. De La Hoya’s last rounds vs. Tito was running aka on the bike. Floyd vs Chino in either fight he wasn’t on his bike like you said he was. You just don’t know boxing. Say that.