Shake Shack to shut 6 California locations, including 5 in LA, Blame state’s $20 minimum wage hike

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Fast Food was never meant to be a means of supporting a family (aka ya baby as a single mom in many cases). Fast Food outside of managerial was usually a job you did while working towards something else (move to corporate, studying for something, etc).

The issue in the USA is we are growing thin on actual careers thus people have to use things that should really be part time jobs to survive.
People used to purchase homes on a fast food salary

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I keep hearing this, like American business is supposed to be logical and practical...........history is ignored everyday and they count on it to keep people in line.......when you have one part of the population fighting the fight against the other part of the population you don't have to do much at all

the issue is unchecked capitalism. The ideal is the free market breads innovation which yields profits. The ASSUMPTION is people would be employed by the players of the market thus their pay enables the to consume thus the cycle continues. The issue is we don't account for (when people use the terms and promote the ideal) when the players don't really care who can consume thus enter a continues cycle of finding ways to add revenue streams even if it is cannibalizing the consumer population for short term gains (as once they milk it dry they are forced to find another area)/

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Ain't nothing fast about in and out breh lmao......better have some time on your hands if you going
I meant price wise (unless things have changed) but In N Out is priced to compete with other fast food places and not that of a fast casual like Shake Shack ( I remember In n Out being cheap, but like I said its been years so idk if that has changed, or they are still "cheap" in the context of fast food and price only changed due to inflation which is across the board).

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Fast Food was never meant to be a means of supporting a family (aka ya baby as a single mom in many cases). Fast Food outside of managerial was usually a job you did while working towards something else (move to corporate, studying for something, etc).

The issue in the USA is we are growing thin on actual careers thus people have to use things that should really be part time jobs to survive.
The fact that on avg it’s probably more older people working fast food than younger should be somewhat alarming to people

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
We should stop using NY Post as a source.

Popular burger chain Shake Shack is closing nine underperforming locations across three states, the company confirmed in an emailed statement to USA TODAY on Thursday.

The closures include six locations in California, two in Texas and one in Ohio, according to the chain. The company said in the report it "currently does not anticipate closing any additional Shacks based on this evaluation" for the foreseeable future.

"After careful consideration, we’ve made the tough decision to close a small group of Shacks due to various factors, including underperformance," said Shake Shack CEO Rob Lynch in the statement obtained by USA TODAY. "We remain focused on supporting our team members through this transition and look forward to continuing our growth, opening many more locations across the country.”

Lynch also said in the statement the chain plans to open 40 new company-owned locations and 40 more licensed locations this year.

Yeah no shyt

A whole lot of companies will do the same

Cut locations, cut staff and if u a small business you fukk
Small businesses were exempt from the $20 min wage mandate. Besides, this is misinformation from the NY Post.

Daps
Here’s the thing. At $20 an hour, they are going to have applicants with degrees and experience. People with an education, and some job history are going to be preferred. Is that helping unskilled workers? Were they an entry level employer before, or did you need 2 years at McDonalds, or Wendy’s to get hired at Shake Shack?