Shake Shack to shut 6 California locations, including 5 in LA, Blame state’s $20 minimum wage hike

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I thought that was Steak N Shake. I think they're the ones that talk about avoiding gratuity so they pay their employees more.

Stake N shake's I see are always struggling and closing. I think my initial thought was between Shake Shack, Five Guys, or In n Out.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:francis: all because these CEO's dont wanna pay their workers a fair wage...

the morality argument is a waste of time, the issue to me is if people can't buy shyt who will I sell to (thus the need to have a sizable population that is able to consume, and consumption of course takes capital).

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ppl check for SS like that? I though I&O had a stranglehold in Cali?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah no shyt

A whole lot of companies will do the same

Cut locations, cut staff and if u a small business you fukk

the long term play is companies will spend millions on automation and robotics once things get to the point where the life of a machine is far cheaper than the cost of human labor (i.e it is now worth to pay 50-100k per machine as that one time coat is cheaper then 10 years of salary for X amount of employees).

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Fast Food was never meant to be a means of supporting a family (aka ya baby as a single mom in many cases). Fast Food outside of managerial was usually a job you did while working towards something else (move to corporate, studying for something, etc).

The issue in the USA is we are growing thin on actual careers thus people have to use things that should really be part time jobs to survive.
I keep hearing this, like American business is supposed to be logical and practical...........history is ignored everyday and they count on it to keep people in line.......when you have one part of the population fighting the fight against the other part of the population you don't have to do much at all

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
Stake N shake's I see are always struggling and closing. I think my initial thought was between Shake Shack, Five Guys, or In n Out.
They all struggle and close dafuq?
But I think the region matters too.
What may be surviving in your state might be on life support in mine

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
Per the article the company didn’t mention minimum wage at all as a reason for closings (in fact , explicitly refused to mention it when prodded) but instead variance in store traffic…but the thread title and all these misleading headlines center the entire story around minimum wage increases :mjlol:

Always to appeal to the low information voter. You even got a legit politician talking about “Dem policies in action” on one post furthering the disinformation smh.

Dummies all around