Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let’s keep it a buck, breh. Sha’Carri primarily garnered attention because she’s a hood woman with a ridiculous weave and accessories. Sadly, a decent portion of our community can relate to that and the media took it and ran.
:yeshrug:

I have nothing against her and I’m admitting this.
i think it's more than just colorful weave and tats tho.

she was killing her competition, showboating, showing charisma and personality.

a lot of these olympic athletes are just robotic and obsessed with their sport that they've been training in all their lives for a lot of them. unless you're out there setting world records, very few people are going to care. especially if you don't have some other trait to back it up. it's why Kawhi Leonard isn't even probably top 10 most popular in the NBA despite being a top 3-5 talent.

and good for them if they're just interested in their sport and getting a gold medal, but that doesn't attract the same type of following.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Watch Megan the stallion lend her support . :mjpls: Just like how the white media tried to make her the voice of black women last year

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
She need to read the room
Shacarri is someone who has a good story with a bad outcome and absolutely has everyone behind her because of how she looks
Gabby and others need to fall back on this

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
Man people gon turn on this girl

YOU fukked up. YOU dropped the ball. YOU were undisciplined and foolish. Why not show support to your fellow athletic brothers and sisters? Hating type shyt.
:what:

Yep...Nah. fukk it. She’s lost all of my respect and the little support that I did have for her. That arrogance, envy, and entitlement is disgraceful.

She seems to think that it’s The Sha’Carri Show as opposed to The Olympics.
:mjlol:

She’ll be a non-story and forgotten in three months tops. Her best bet is to start a reality series or write a book. Maybe start a career in coaching, but it’s a wrap on that Olympic bag and Olympian prestige. She really needs to humble herself.

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
She said the IOC and Olympics aren’t at fault. So is she blaming Japan for this?

she's just being a good IOC/Olympic stooge.

IOC and Olympics are just as corrupt as FIFA when it comes to the most corrupt organizations in sports. maybe even worse than FIFA.

I do agree people shouldn't be boycotting because of Sha'carri tho, but not watching something you weren't going to watch before you became invested in an athlete isn't really a real boycott. at the end of the day some athletes got star power, some don't.

Bedwench babble

I'm pretty sure that it's a Japan law, not an olympic one.

Cannabis in Japan - Wikipedia

Still Boycotting :unimpressed:

I wasn't watching anyhow, but there's definitely some anti-black fukkery going on this time around, so now I'm even more fired up to not watch.

SMH :snoop:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
What makes her rare? Because of the publicity she received?

Rare because she has that "it" factor. The publicity didn't make her, she attracted the attention. Plenty of people are talented but have the personality of a wall. Other people have the personality but don't have the skillset. She has both. I watched her race one time, one time, again I repeat one time. If I wasn't working from home during a pandemic I wouldn't have caught the race either. Just happened to have it on while working and watched her start slow and turn that second gear on, orange wig bouncing, little legs moving like Sonic the hedgehog, fake eyelashes, long nails, and talking shyt like :obama: before she even hit the finish line cuz she knew she had it in the bag. You gotta root for her. Like I said earlier, women like that I don't even have a high tolerance for and avoid. But she got it. Made a fan of me instantly. Now multiply me by the hundreds of thousands. The weed thing just made her story even more captivating. I hope she capitalizes.