Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Someone smart probably got on her ass about it. She had peoples sympathies now she's looking like a brat.

She's done all she can do and isn't going to Japan best she can do is show some humility get off social media for a while.
Yep self sabotage

All because a black woman said she needs the support from us

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Can only speak for myself, but I don't watch the Olympics. The only reason I planned on tuning in a little bit this year was to see Sha'Carri. It was the same with Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps. I only watched to see what how they'd perform. Couldn't care less about anyone else participating. That shyt is largely boring, but every now and then we get someone with charisma that's engaging. Sha'Carri is one of those rare talents and personalities. Crazy thing is I usually loathe women like her, but I fell in love with her instantly.
How is she rare :dahell:

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
fukk all these c00ns try to pile on shorty. We don’t need these punk ass games like some of these broke down ass countries do...

They are going to go on anyway, and the U.S. will have a squad in it anyway. That's just how it goes. Black folks downplaying it doesn't really hurt it when the rest of the world is involved. There's more than the United States in this world.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
A lot of people are just trend followers.

As Gabby said, there's plenty of other Black athletes at the Olympics that ppl could cheer and support but NO they're not trending at the moment so most ppl don't care.

Sha'Carri is trending so everybody gonna jump on the wagon whether they are sincere or not. Similar to how some posters in the locker room acting like she's only the person/athlete that matters and everybody else is just there.

Di*k riding, wave hopping, trend followers. :yeshrug:

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
she's just being a good IOC/Olympic stooge.

IOC and Olympics are just as corrupt as FIFA when it comes to the most corrupt organizations in sports. maybe even worse than FIFA.

I do agree people shouldn't be boycotting because of Sha'carri tho, but not watching something you weren't going to watch before you became invested in an athlete isn't really a real boycott. at the end of the day some athletes got star power, some don't.

Let’s keep it a buck, breh. Sha’Carri primarily garnered attention because she’s a hood woman with a ridiculous weave and accessories. Sadly, a decent portion of our community can relate to that and the media took it and ran.
:yeshrug:

I have nothing against her and I’m admitting this.

Suzie

Pro
Daps
Sha'Carri is trending so everybody gonna jump on the wagon whether they are sincere or not. Similar to how some posters in the locker room acting like she's only the person/athlete that matters and everybody else is just there.
True but this story will blow over by the olympics. That’s just how it goes