Sha'Carri Richardson Discussion Thread :A Resilient Sha’Carri Richardson Wins the 100-Meter World Title

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm pretty sure that it's a Japan law, not an olympic one.

Cannabis in Japan - Wikipedia
lol it's not illegal to enter japan because you failed a weed test in america.

it's illegal to bring/smoke weed in their country.

this is the IOC, host country does not have control over the olympics like that.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Can only speak for myself, but I don't watch the Olympics. The only reason I planned on tuning in a little bit this year was to see Sha'Carri. It was the same with Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps. I only watched to see what how they'd perform. Couldn't care less about anyone else participating. That shyt is largely boring, but every now and then we get someone with charisma that's engaging. Sha'Carri is one of those rare talents and personalities. Crazy thing is I usually loathe women like her, but I fell in love with her instantly.
What makes her rare? Because of the publicity she received?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I’m still watching

EBCA6-DFC-C8-DA-42-B7-A6-A9-ADDEA0-FDAD64.png
:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Whoever is in Sha'Carris circle needs to tell here to chill. She is going to alienate a lot of people talking the way she is. It sucks that she won't be able to compete in the Olympics this time but she shouldn't be attacking anyone who feels like Gabby does. For some of those who are competing, this is the only shot they have so I would expect them to feel exactly the same way.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She needs to simply be quiet - and root for other Black people in the Olympics, push back against this massive wave of backlash against Black women athletes, but otherwise shut the fukk up. Unlike most of the disqualified Black women worldwide - she was disqualified for a personal decision and not on account of other bullshyt. She's a little too arrogant.