SEVERANCE

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Got a free 3 months Apple TV trial through my LG TV app and watched this.

It ended up exceeding my expectations.

As for the question of what they are doing at work...I don't think it matters because the REAL product is the Severance chip itself

I think the 'workers' are just basically long term beta testers of the product designed to be rolled out to corporations around the world once it is proven.

One comparison I haven't seen anyone make here is the movie "Sorry to Bother You". It's a Sci-Fi scheme in order to create an ideal peasant/slave worker.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Got a free 3 months Apple TV trial through my LG TV app and watched this.

It ended up exceeding my expectations.

As for the question of what they are doing at work...I don't think it matters because the REAL product is the Severance chip itself

I think the 'workers' are just basically long term beta testers of the product designed to be rolled out to corporations around the world once it is proven.

One comparison I haven't seen anyone make here is the movie "Sorry to Bother You". It's a Sci-Fi scheme in order to create an ideal peasant/slave worker.
i don’t think the end goal is corporate based.

I think it is religious or pat least philosophical . Just the idea of creating a world free of animosity or division.

like the Congressmen who wanted kids just turned off his wife for 9 months to have her innie carry the baby.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
i don’t think the end goal is corporate based.

I think it is religious or pat least philosophical . Just the idea of creating a world free of animosity or division.

like the Congressmen who wanted kids just turned off his wife for 9 months to have her innie carry the baby.

I think they're trying to satirically say that "corporate culture" in general has some cult-like elements.
All that "trust fall"/team building exercise type stuff they were doing. And the idea that some corporate founders (e.g. Steve Jobs himself) are almost revered. And company towns were the workers lived in barracks are a thing that existed at points in the past.

It's an exaggerated version of real-world corporate 'loyalty'. They're just taking real-life corporate behavior to an absurd extreme. A world free of division = the biggest market share.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I think they're trying to satirically say that "corporate culture" in general has some cult-like elements.
All that "trust fall"/team building exercise type stuff they were doing. And the idea that some corporate founders (e.g. Steve Jobs himself) are almost revered. And company towns were the workers lived in barracks are a thing that existed at points in the past.

It's an exaggerated version of real-world corporate 'loyalty'. They're just taking real-life corporate behavior to an absurd extreme. A world free of division = the biggest market share.
I agree with the parallels.

i thought you were saying the point of the tech in future seasons is to be rolled out to corporations. I was saying I don’t think the goal is limited to corporations

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I agree with the parallels.

i thought you were saying the point of the tech in future seasons is to be rolled out to corporations. I was saying I don’t think the goal is limited to corporations
Oh, I see what you mean.
Yeah, the want to sell to consumers directly, not just "business to business".

Eg convincing pregnant women to let their "innies" take the pain.