SEVERANCE

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
They fukking nailed the season finale. Every reveal, every scene. My only complaint, which I started thinking about 4-5 episodes ago is...I kinda dread this getting future seasons. What I mean is this is such a great idea and the season was damn near flawless, but my fear is that a second (or third, or fourth) season will fall into that typical trap where it becomes more about worldbuilding than resolving the story and characters. Especially in an era where it seems like most TV/film media is obsessed with milking out as much content as possible, expanding every minor plot point, creating prequels, etc.

I could be 100% wrong. They haven't missed yet so why assume they're gonna miss with future seasons right? But you can kinda see where it's going, and a lot of it is gonna basically be expanding the world. The senator and his wife becoming central characters. Seeing the board in person. All things that will likely be added on top of the show when there are basic things we don't even know yet, like what do the employees actually do? What are they producing for the company? For a portion of the season there was this big push to find other departments, figure out what was going on etc...and then that kinda got sidelined by "let's escape" and we never got back to it.

Again though, great show and an amazing finale. I just hope we don't get a Lost situation where you're just piling new shyt on top of unresolved shyt until it's time for the rushed finale.

I read a headline somewhere that said Ben Stiller has known all the way how the show will end, so hopefully it was already all written and just cut down in different seasons. I didn't actually read the article though because I always try to not read on stuff I plan on watching. But the first season was so good that I share your apprehensions. My hope is that the 2nd season will indeed build on questions that are already there in the first one, meaning they aren't really adding anything to the main plot
(what does Lumon actually do, what are the goats for, what is happening in other departments...are we even sure there are any other departments than the two we see in S1?)
but just answering to the questions we all have. But yeah, it's a great show so I hope they don't stretch it too thin, but I wouldn't be surprised that the whole thing is only two seasons.

So a few observations I had:

-Irving must have been severed twice right? He had all this info on everyone. Why did he keep going to work without an understanding of how he could actually investigate? Did he just keep going in hopes of his innie fukking everything up again? I’m willing to bet he was part of the original massacre in the paintings and Lumon led him to find it so that maybe it would discourage him and get him back on track?

-Remember Petey said there were people down there that were permanently Severed. Clearly Gemma is one of them. But is she brain dead like y’all say or is she kept hostage for whatever purpose this company has?

-What was with the whole 1960s motif? The furniture, the computers, the fukking melon balls. Very Mad Men ish for a reason.

-I really wanna know what the card is for that Dylan stole. I’m way more intrigued by that than the goats.

-I think Lumon is trying to take over the world in the name of their cult. It makes sense why dude essentially sacrificed his daughter to prove how safe it was. There were way more settings than just “overtime” and i bet some of them have a level of mind control involved.

-Also, how do these nikkas go back to work after this? There’s no plausible narrative reason for us to ever see those innies again right, which bums me out a little. Everything has to break out in the real world now. I can’t see this being more than 3 seasons.

That's basically what Eagan says at the end before Helly R's speach. The aim is to put a chip in "everyone" iirc

bnew

Veteran
Daps
finished watching this, how long do I have to wait for another season to be release?

Daps
The fact that this thicc grandma is the same teenager in the mental asylum from Nightmare on Elm street 3 is mind blowing to me

Time flies

Never found her attractive like that in the Elm Street movie

but now I want to fukk the sh1t out of her old thick white ass

Exploited Moms Dot Com style
She was Christian Slater’s love interest in True Romance.

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
8x4efr-jpg.gif

Had no expectations going into this and wow.

I’m thoroughly impressed with every facet.

That was the cliffiest cliffhanger season finale that I’ve recently seen

The intro sequence is perfection. I didn’t skip it a single time.

I’m giving S1 a 4.5/5, although I can’t think of any glaring negatives at the moment. I’m glad I started this after the finale aired so I could binge it.