Seriously why is Hollywood so racist?

Daps
Reppin
Twin Cities
I'm an advertising major and Ive noticed that while I ignore many ads not even I can abscond from a powerful psychological message. These firms all have an on call psychologist to tell them what colors, words, and images work best when selling a products. shyt is something else. I'm seeing some good posts so far. My initial thought of the title thread was to say we should boycott Hollywood, but who would really boycott it?

yessirr...

this may deviate a little from the topic and probably should be a thread of its own, but the same techniques are used in the music business.

with the music business it's obviously more about sound influence rather than visual. sound influence is even more concealed...

they have it worked out to a science where certain decibels of rhythms and beats will hit/activate a particular region of your body.

low bass for example hits you in the groin region.

you might think damn this is a good beat and i can shake my ass to this, but in actuality you have no choice (think about that for a second).

couple that beat with some demonic lyrics

and

what do we have?

how much control does one have over their own life?

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
So you are a confused redneck wigger then :beli:

well i dont think im a redneck or even a wigger. When people on the coli ask a really stupid question about race i like to give a really stupid answer and just sit back and watch these morons catch feelings.

If you are asking the question "Why is Hollywood so racist?" You don't deserve an intelligent or well thought out reply.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
well i dont think im a redneck or even a wigger. When people on the coli ask a really stupid question about race i like to give a really stupid answer and just sit back and watch these morons catch feelings.

If you are asking the question "Why is Hollywood so racist?" You don't deserve an intelligent or well thought out reply.

Shut the fukk up cac and stop worrying about what and why "we" discuss certain issues. Don't like the thread move the fukk on then fakkit :pacspit:

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we can all agree that media: Television, Movies, Radio..for the most part do a lot of the shaping in society aka by "programming"...then listen here:

The bigger picture is that they want people to stay separated and confused, no unity as human beings. Playing on racial and cultural stereotypes does this exact thing.

Just look at the movie The Dictator as the perfect example, all this movie does is further separate and alienate the Arab-Brown American from what's considered "normal" or "cool", whether you will admit this or not. In that movie they somehow managed to mix in stereotypes of Asian, Indian, Arab, Persian, Middle Eastern people all into one big mishmash of garbage. It is easily one of the most racist and disturbing movies of all time, and it was released in 2012.

Playing on minority stereotypes in hollywood is nothing new, if you're concious of what's going on and are aware. They always have that nerdy-goofy Asian, or the ice cold Asian Doctor.........how about the accent-ridden and weird Indian character? It's all there, and always have been.

When was the last time you've seen a Hollywood film with an Asian American (born in the States), starring in a movie that didn't have anything to do with Kung-Fu or Jackie Chan type of stunting? It's 2012, and they're still trying to push that Bruce Lee garbage, even with Asian actors that were BORN AND RAISED in America!

I still want to see a normal film with a Black Actor starring in it, where he or she is not having to be the pure underdog or be handicapped in some sort of fashion..that is still to come as well.

There is obviously a hand behind all of this.

Malikthegod

opposite of mediocre
Daps
White people will only see black movies if the black people in it are doing some C00N shh, demonized, or are in a subservient position.

Examples:

Precious (fat black girl, living in the hood, single mom, raped, etc.)

Monster's Ball ( Halle getting drilled by a white dude, single mom, abusing her son)

The Help (black maids, nuff said)

Training Day ( Denzel's a crooked ass cop trying to corrupt the poor white protagonist)

The Blind Side ( Poor dumb ni99er made his way out of a messed up circumstance due to the kindness and generosity of benevolent whites.)

Last King of Scotland (A ruthless barbaric dictator. At the end a black doctor sacrifices his life so the white protagonist can get to safety)

I think you get the picture. The rule of thumb is: anytime a movie with black people is critically acclaimed in Hollywood you can almost be certain it will show black people in a negative light.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Shut the fukk up cac and stop worrying about what and why "we" discuss certain issues. Don't like the thread move the fukk on then fakkit :pacspit:

ok whatever you say. you sound smart so im gonna listen to you.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
jews...
a0yqua.jpg