Seriously why is a Macbook?

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
No frills hardware shouldn't cost 50% more than the competition. Only Apple fanboys go :krs: over features the competition have had for YEARS. This is especially bad in phones. iPhone is consistently 3 to 5 years behind in technology despite only having one model.
The iPhone has the most powerful processor out by a country mile. They also get a minimum of 5 years of new OS updates from Apple with security updates continuing long after that as well. The phones actually hold their values as well.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
For the past 2 months or so I’ve been fighting myself not to buy some kind of laptop or portable device. It’s about time for a new device but I’m having trouble pulling the trigger.

Long story short, those M2 MacBooks are like $2k+ but there are gaming laptops (I’m not talking about gaming, though) for about $1200 that compete with or out perform them in most benchmarks. The Apple stanery is annoying and ridiculous at this point. I like my iPhone and Apple Watch but I can’t justify buying any of their other products (then again, I didn’t buy the phone or watch either though)

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Bruh...I don't care about touch screen, but the 1600+ Macbook Pros that get handed out at my job LOOK like you can touch them. There are Lenovo machines much cheaper with better features deployed for our people but folks still want them overrated, "sometimes the office/adobe suite works" ass macs.
adobe products on mac sound terrible. since it uses a global menu isnt it restricted to the original screen? i need multiple screens for editing. their ux is terrible. i guess its ok if you do fukkboy dj shyt in serrato on a 12 inch macbook but i need to work with my computer

The iPhone has the most powerful processor out by a country mile. They also get a minimum of 5 years of new OS updates from Apple with security updates continuing long after that as well. The phones actually hold their values as well.
and youre locked into retarded apple shyt forever. at least i can use adb shell and remove candy crush and a bunch of other goofy normie timewaster nonsense. just transferring photos from an iphone (when you dont use their goofy ecosystem) is a nightmare

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The ecosystem is amazing. That being said, every windows computer I get always fukk up on me, I just copped a MacBook in 2020. Still acts brand as the day I got it, even though it’s only been 3 years. If I want to play games I got consoles for that :yeshrug:

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210

I just switched to iPhone with the 14pro and this shyt is pretty mid. Wanted to see what all the hype has been about. I honestly think iPhone people don’t know what they are missing and think these phones are bleeding edge. This phone’s software feels like an Android from like 5 years ago. Hardware is nice but I wish I could flash Android on to it or make it a pixel device.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Yeah I don't get it either. Probably bc game devs won't let them fleece 30% for game sales.

It kinda pisses me off bc the laptops are so good rn.

I kinda want a 4080 windows laptop but the battery will be shyt

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore