Seriously, What Was Biggie Thinking Dropping That Freestyle In LA?

Crumple

All Star
Daps
First off, the flow is effortless and under different circumstances (:stopitslime:) the subliminals are fuc*ing viscous. But man, so soon after Pac died and in LA, this just wasn't a good idea...

I never saw that.

It's wild. I get expression. But for Big to go to Cali and kick murder raps is wild.

R.i.p to both of them.

Last edited:

jimbean

Pro
Daps
The timeframe in which this interview was filmed and him going to California in 97 was AT LEAST a year. Biggie wasn’t even dressing like that post 96. His mother tried to convince him not to go and he assured her everything would be fine. This is a well known fact. Biggie was oblivious to the threat level that existed once Pac died

That was 1994 backstage at the recording of The Show

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know why people are saying the freestyle got him killed.

By most accounts, Suge had him killed. I really doubt Suge heard the verse (in jail) and decided that was where had to have Biggie killed. It was most likely set in motion long before that.

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
I don’t know why people are saying the freestyle got him killed.

By most accounts, Suge had him killed. I really doubt Suge heard the verse (in jail) and decided that was where had to have Biggie killed. It was most likely set in motion long before that.

It probably didn't help

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
When Biggie's death was announced on the radio I remember cheering thinking "they finally got that bytch ass nikka" i was 12 at the time

That was 23 years ago

Some things never change :pacspit:

Daps
Big had a death wish. Brilliant artist. Classic albums. But, to be real, dude just didn't give a fukk. And, sadly, his mentality resulted in an outcome that was inevitable.

But, on some real shyt, fukk Sway.

"We're impartial."

FOH.

You're asking questions for a purpose, reeling in the kind of responses that draw listeners. fukk all of these radio fakkits.

:francis:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think what’s been forgotten in all of this, and this includes Pac, is that All these dudes were young with money power and fukkery surrounding them. They made mistakes that unfortunately they didn’t get a chance to reflect on later in life the same way Snoop and others who lived long enough, were able to.

6ix9ine was roughly around the same age(or the same age)as Biggie when he died, and folks call 6ix9ine a “kid” for all the dumb shyt he willing got himself into.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
I think what’s been forgotten in all of this, and this includes Pac, is that All these dudes were young with money power and fukkery surrounding them. They made mistakes that unfortunately they didn’t get a chance to reflect on later in life the same way Snoop and others who lived long enough, were able to.

6ix9ine was roughly around the same age(or the same age)as Biggie when he died, and folks call 6ix9ine a “kid” for all the dumb shyt he willing got himself into.

It's a tragedy that they died so young. I think about how much I've grown and done as a person since their deaths and I can only imagine what they could have accomplished.

I wish I could hear what Pac would say about the state of the world today. Sad thing is, in many ways, not much has changed since this:

We were robbed.

Last edited: