Seriously tho, how do you guys not find the Street Profits corny?

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's so over the top and deliberate I can't even call it straight minstrel :laff:

They just acting stupid as shyt :dead:

giphy.gif

street-profits-sasha-banks.gif

FaintJointHound-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_ouh80gvpHf1s05wxzo1_400.gif
I mean I don’t think dancing makes it minstrel y’all act like black dudes don’t dance or something
Also their attire not much different then say Kevin Owens and anybody else that wears tights and shyt

I just don’t see this superstar bonafide main event can’t miss talent people stuck on. If one is maybe the next RVD and the other is the next d lo brown that sounds great. Good ic champs maybe one world title run if things pan out in the future. If swagger can get one why can’t dawkins I guess

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I honestly don't know what makes people happy when it comes to black wrestlers. Keith Lee is corny, so are these nikkas. Shelton doesn't have charisma because he doesn't do this shyt and I remember the New Day being referred to as Cornballs when they didn't "take".
New Day in the beginning were supposed to be heels, but, they got shut becuz they were silly black men.

Ppl need to go to a show and see how many kids are really in these crowds.

We have these fluid and weird standards for black men. WTF is Angelo "supposed" to be? In a singlet coming out to rock music?

You're right we will never be satisfied with black wrestlers...hell Bobby Lashley is right there if you want a serious bruiser but we complain he doesn't squash Brock fukkin Lesnar

Him and Dawkins have upper mid card potential

Dawkins reminds me d lo brown and could be us/ic title contender

Montez also but I think he has main event potential
But he needs to stop doin corny shyt
Ppl cry about Roman holding shyt up with the Undisputed title but really the issue is the tag division isn't being developed to shyt.

This hurts SP more than them being light hearted

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Tez needs to tone down the emote spam, display a more varied emotional range, and learn how to work more subtly so the big over the top stuff hits harder. He works like he's coming off a hot tag at all times but he can get better with this as he gets more singles reps and backstage guidance. His character will become more credible and serious the farther they get into his solo run.

The guy's tall and since he's bulked up is sneakily bigger than a lot of the guys in the main event right now (Seth, Cody, Logan), has a great look, is super athletic, is competent on the mic, is a great representative for the business that they can send on any show anywhere at anytime, and most importantly has EFFORTLESS charisma to everything he does from the verbal to the physical.

All of that is just right now.

I'm not sure why people can't allow for him to grow as a performer when those allowances are made for so many other people on the roster now and in the past.

Stone Cold had to get better. Rock had to get better. Bret, Shawn, HHH, Angle, Brock, Edge, Batista, Cena, Punk, Roman, Seth, Cody... there's an endless list of guys who had that certain something and were allowed to improve their weaknesses to become the performers who rightfully headlined cards.

The bottom line is he can work on the stuff he needs to improve, has shown that he's coachable, and has all the things you can't teach.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
It’s time for them to either turn heel or separate. Thier current gimmick is played out.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
lol it seems like nikkas just be wanting every black group to be reincarnations of The Hurt Business. Wearing fine tailored suits every week nshyt. Otherwise, they’re viewed as corny.

I remember one time Mark Henry turned fact he immediately started smiling, wearing red and rapping. There has to be balance in everything

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It’s time for them to either turn heel or separate. Thier current gimmick is played out.

Yeah after 7 years as a team it’s time. They gotta bring up some tag teams and get new stories going. New day has same issue, they’re completely out of stories

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
If a company or individual wants to do stuff that appeals to kids then being and doing corny stuff inevitably comes with the territory.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I honestly don't know what makes people happy when it comes to black wrestlers. Keith Lee is corny, so are these nikkas. Shelton doesn't have charisma because he doesn't do this shyt and I remember the New Day being referred to as Cornballs when they didn't "take".
The original heel New Day run when they were squashing the dudleys, beating up John Cena and doing promos vs the Rock is probably the last thing in wresting before Punk returned that I was fully invested in like I was a kid again

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
We’re not who they’re aiming for with the street profits and their presentation that’s why it feels “corny”

Not every character is meant for the adults in the room to connect to and older fans sometimes can forget that.

I’d imagine for a 30-40 year old fan back in the day that had seen Harley Race, Bruiser Brody, Dusty, Terry Funk, Ric Flair etc as their standard

seeing a young loud muscle bound surfer kid with loud ass colors facepaint and a blonde flattop named Sting would have made them be like

:dahell: is this?

Yet to a kid at that time the over the top nature of that character would be like :gladbron:

Easy to forget that we ain’t the target demo at times.

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
Unfortunately it’s gonna take Tez and Dawkins splitting.

Tez needs to go solo to get to that next level and Dawk been fighting Jannetty allegations ever since they got called up but I think last Summer Dawk proved he can be a singles wrestler and shine on his own.

Would be cool if Tez won MITB.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who knows what they could become and Ford has a spark but yeah they're presentation is how a white person thinks 'cool urban dudes' act