Serious topic: Why does God allow Satan/demons to roam the earth and mess with humans?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
That is all there is to it.
Or at the very least, see the trap before stepping in it.
to me there is no trap. Biblically speaking the man should love God foremost and be the priest of his household

then he should provide for his wife and her need, and she will provide for his seeds and nourish the home. When done right the man will build flocks and the good of the land will open to him

its when a man puts other things before God that the correct order of things gets out of whack. Any sane woman loves a God-loving man because its a man who is not going to entangle her, her children or her home with wickedness

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
@MMS you made a post about giving up your possessions, did you give up all your possessions??

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
@MMS you made a post about giving up your possessions, did you give up all your possessions??
im not as good as the desert fathers

but i own relatively little and try to make the things i do have last as long as possible. the more encumbered you are the more difficult it is to see out of your possessions and how they can possess you

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
to me there is no trap. Biblically speaking the man should love God foremost and be the priest of his household

then he should provide for his wife and her need, and she will provide for his seeds and nourish the home. When done right the man will build flocks and the good of the land will open to him

its when a man puts other things before God that the correct order of things gets out of whack. Any sane woman loves a God-loving man because its a man who is not going to entangle her, her children or her home with wickedness

I'm still on the fence about God. It seems hard to love God because you can't see, feel, hear or touch God. If you pray or try to talk to God I hear nothing back. How can you "love" God under those conditions? A conversation is like a game of tennis, when I serve the ball to you, you have to serve it back to me. When it comes to God it just feels like you're talking to air. I hear nothing, see nothing and feel nothing. I don't get it.

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I'm still on the fence about God. It seems hard to love God because you can't see, feel, hear or touch God. If you pray or try to talk to God I hear nothing back. How can you "love" God under those conditions? A conversation is like a game of tennis, when I serve the ball to you, you have to serve it back to me. When it comes to God it just feels like you're talking to air. I hear nothing, see nothing and feel nothing. I don't get it.
speak to god daily as if he is right in front of you

but do not pray as the heathen do but pray like this

Our Father,
who are in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory,
of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen.

i know my church is not like typical ones here in america, but the more you learn it the more you will appreciate it and grow spiritually. You may not discern God speaking to you right away but with time you will.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
@MMS thanks! How many times a day do you do that prayer?
Not being facetious at all :hubie: - that prayer is “The Lord’s Prayer”. It’s the most common Christian prayer. Did your folks introduce you to religion when you were a kid?

• Dap

invalid

Banned
Daps

My aunt who is a minister once told me to meditate on the word daily. And throughout the day, that little voice in our head, that we call our conscious, write down what comes to you. Over time, look over what you write down and see if it aligns with the Word of God. Eventually, discerning that voice of the Holy Spirit within your thoughts will come natural as it's an exercise in discerning the Holy Spirit.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
@MMS thanks! How many times a day do you do that prayer?
once or twice generally, i try not to "overpray" because just before that Jesus also said:

Matthew 6:7-9
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

always trust that the things you need, God is bringing to you. And even when it seems you lack or are going to go without God is still bringing you what you need.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Not being facetious at all :hubie: - that prayer is “The Lord’s Prayer”. It’s the most common Christian prayer. Did your folks introduce you to religion when you were a kid?

I know what prayer it is. I went to church as a kid but my family didn't discuss religion at home very much at all. I felt my family was half in and half out when it came to religion, they could never go all the way in when it came to Jesus Christ.

With regards to the Lord's Prayer no one ever told me how many times a day one normally prays it.

• Dap

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I know what prayer it is. I went to church as a kid but my family didn't discuss religion at home very much at all. I felt my family was half in and half out when it came to religion, they could never go all the way in when it came to Jesus Christ.

With regards to the Lord's Prayer no one ever told me how many times a day one normally prays it.
rather than repetition, contemplate its meaning

say it with your chest

be thankful your family brought you to church as there are many people not exposed to the gospels/or their family are unbelievers

remember believing in God is not a one-time thing but a journey that never ends.