Serious question, Curry already beginning to decline?

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I'm a Curry fan and this has nothing to do with the thread. Something that drives me nuts about this guy is when he throws a behind the back pass un-necessarily.

He wasted an important possession in the finals with one. And to me they don't even look fluid when he does it.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
dude was making video game shots for 2 years and he's supposed to be able to continue like nothing? I swear y'all dudes think these athletes aren't human. :mjpls:

He's not declining as much as leveling out.

PLus shooting is a mental thing as much as anything. There's no way his mind is in the same place it was 2 yrs ago or even last year.

He'll still have his games where he hits jaw dropping shots, and then have his games where he struggles some.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm a Curry fan and this has nothing to do with the thread. Something that drives me nuts about this guy is when he throws a behind the back pass un-necessarily.

He wasted an important possession in the finals with one. And to me they don't even look fluid when he does it.

He threw one to McGee at the top of the key the other night.:picard: Like even if you get it there what do you expect him to do with it?:gucci::pachaha:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the idea that he was gonna keep shooting at that clip was absurd....I remember saying so as well and a couple Warriors fans got in their feelings about it

the motherfukker hit 400 threes last season....he had been breaking the number of threes in an nba season for bout 3 years straight...but certainly I didnt think he was gonna replicate that shyt

The NBA always catches up....he is the best long distance bomber we have ever seen but lets face it....he took a lot of bad shots last year that happened to go in cause he was in another fukking zone.

Every shooter goes through slumps......his season numbers are pretty good..although this may be the lowest shooting percentage he has shot from deep in a while

Last season was unreal:wow:, doubt he ever matches it especially with Durant there, but no shame in that.

It will be interesting to see how he adapts as he gets older. Ray Allen had decent handles and a good first step in his prime, but pretty much became strictly a spot up shooter as he got older (Klay figures to be a better version of this when he gets older). Steph is much better shooting off the dribble, but might be a more difficult adjustment as he gets older, loses quickness and doesn't get as much separation off his ball handling.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He threw one to McGee at the top of the key the other night.:picard: Like even if you get it there what do you expect him to do with it?:gucci::pachaha:

Really shocked he hasn't tightened that aspect of his game up.

The shooting can't always be where it was last year, because last year made no fukking sense. But the troubling thing to me is watching his highlights from last year, he seems just slightly less explosive to the hoop and just slightly slower with his handle this season. Add in his history with ankle injuries and his knee injury last year, and he's probably in his physical decline. If it's too steep, he'll be a much worse player. You can't hit all them 3s without creating separation on your own.

Daps
eye test 100% accurate the gawds been saying all along he goes as his team goes not the reverse
if the dubs ain't clicking bro can get lost he ain't saving nobody
:mjgrin:analyze dat dere

The amusing thing is, you actually believe this shyt is true. It's alright, you'll get there one day.