September Playstation Event (Sept. 16th, 1p.m. PDT) (Games Showcase, 40 Mins)

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
If they announce $499 for the digital version I might think about getting my first Playstation.

I was always a Apple hater until I got an Iphone and Ipad and never looked back. Now I look at Android in disgust. :scust:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would justify it being expensive if they announce some too tier games

Nah. They are matching or undercutting M$ AND going all in the first year. Sony wants everyone to shift to PS5 asap, having a more expensive console makes zero sense considering everything they have said.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
If they announce $499 for the digital version I might think about getting my first Playstation.

I was always a Apple hater until I got an Iphone and Ipad and never looked back. Now I look at Android in disgust. :scust:
I’m a Apple guy, never had a android so what would u say u didn’t like about android?

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
I’m a Apple guy, never had a android so what would u say u didn’t like about android?

Updating to the latest version depends on when the carrier signed off on it. For me devices connect to the iPhone easier and it’s more stable. My car would constantly lose connection to my pixel and I would have to delete the profile and pair it for it to work again.

Android was good for a while but it was more work when I think about it. If I wanted an update I had to sideload it instead of a quick ota update.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Nah. They are matching or undercutting M$ AND going all in the first year. Sony wants everyone to shift to PS5 asap, having a more expensive console makes zero sense considering everything they have said.

My answer was hypothetical, it would be justified if it's expensive because of top tier games being announced, we'd all understand it, now that obviously doesn't mean that's the case nor is it sensible

You nikkas need to read

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I've hyped for the event tomorrow, even though I don't plan to get a PS5 until next year.

Regardless if the price for the disk model ends up being $500 or $600, it will sell out during the holiday season.

Hope we get some info about the UI, what they plan to do with PS+ /PS Now in the future.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I fully anticipate 499 or higher for disc version. Analysts seem bullish on 399 for digital version. If that is the case, there will have to be a sizable amount of them being made. That said, I'd love to know the allocation amount between the two vs the enthusiasm for the two. I'm getting a disc version. I don't want to embrace an all digital future yet. I know it is coming but I still want physical media.