Seeing Black ppl in a position of power used to mean something to me

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I worked corporate AT&T for 7+ years and I saw this firsthand with a female Director who oversaw my organization. When it came to black women though she would look out something serious.

I ran a store location and put my lyne brother on as an assistant manager and one thing about him is he had no problem letting you know, respectfully, if he had a different opinion if the logic was sound. Well, we had a store visit from her and she had an opinion about something relating to our location and my assistant manager had a different outlook which he explained. That cost him his promotion and he had to move from Louisiana to Cali to become a store manager. Ran 3+ locations after that too because someone more open minded recognized his talent. That open minded person was a Black man.
I don't know why but in my experience I've had a more difficult time with black women. I have no idea why. Not to say all are like that.

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
First hourly job I had was at Dunhams sporting goods. It was 3 of us there. This older breh named Todd who was cool as hell. This suburban ass dude named Rob...Who the coli would probably brand as some "cornball brotha", but was cool as hell too. Then we had a Manager named Tony...And this nikka was a SUPER c00n. Horrible scheduling. Out of his depth...Even the white staff picked up on how he was with us...

:pachaha: In front of white folks... Customers, other mgmt/staff. With us :birdman:

So one workday evening Todd and I are working shoes, and it's SLOW. So between stock, and shooting the shyt...I BS you not one of the most beautiful women i've ever seen in my life to this day comes in. This GORGEOUS authentic PAAG. I'm guessing she was from HK because she had a slight British accent. My guy I'm literally sweating talking to this woman, but still holding my own and she knows that I would probably do anything she asked. But she thinks it's cute and goes through the motions with me.

So Tony sees this, and saunters his big goofy ass over there with this shyt eating grin, trying to "big bro" me out the way so he can talk to this bytch. He comes over and as usual starts fukking up the sale. Killing the vibe, cracking corny ass jokes and we're both like :dahell:

My boy Todd peeks out the door and asks Tony to come in...You hear some rumbling, and then Todd yelling, and a scuffle. It was almost like Todd was waiting for the moment to tune this nikka up. So if you know anything about a shoe dept it's usually two doors. Tony walks out the far door furthest away from us, covering his face :russ:

Todd looks at me like :youngsabo:

And I look back at him like :salute:

Shorty tries on 3 pairs of shoes...Amazing feet btw...Jesus christ...:ohlawd:

She ended up buying all 3, and walked out of my life forever. :sadcam:

I learned that day that all skinfolk ain't kinfolk...Still talk to Todd to this day...Solid ass brotha
All skinfolk aint kinfolk:what: you all fought each other over a PAAG that none of you even got :dead: I bet to this day she tells this story walking into a shop infested with racc00ns :russ:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All skinfolk aint kinfolk:what: you all fought each other over a PAAG that none of you even got :dead: I bet to this day she tells this story walking into a shop infested with racc00ns :russ:
He’s probably young. Sooner or later he will understand that women don’t get wet for guys who are outwardly so excited by their beauty. There’s no Awww he so cute come get this puccy. Nope.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
First hourly job I had was at Dunhams sporting goods. It was 3 of us there. This older breh named Todd who was cool as hell. This suburban ass dude named Rob...Who the coli would probably brand as some "cornball brotha", but was cool as hell too. Then we had a Manager named Tony...And this nikka was a SUPER c00n. Horrible scheduling. Out of his depth...Even the white staff picked up on how he was with us...

:pachaha: In front of white folks... Customers, other mgmt/staff. With us :birdman:

So one workday evening Todd and I are working shoes, and it's SLOW. So between stock, and shooting the shyt...I BS you not one of the most beautiful women i've ever seen in my life to this day comes in. This GORGEOUS authentic PAAG. I'm guessing she was from HK because she had a slight British accent. My guy I'm literally sweating talking to this woman, but still holding my own and she knows that I would probably do anything she asked. But she thinks it's cute and goes through the motions with me.

So Tony sees this, and saunters his big goofy ass over there with this shyt eating grin, trying to "big bro" me out the way so he can talk to this bytch. He comes over and as usual starts fukking up the sale. Killing the vibe, cracking corny ass jokes and we're both like :dahell:

My boy Todd peeks out the door and asks Tony to come in...You hear some rumbling, and then Todd yelling, and a scuffle. It was almost like Todd was waiting for the moment to tune this nikka up. So if you know anything about a shoe dept it's usually two doors. Tony walks out the far door furthest away from us, covering his face :russ:

Todd looks at me like :youngsabo:

And I look back at him like :salute:

Shorty tries on 3 pairs of shoes...Amazing feet btw...Jesus christ...:ohlawd:

She ended up buying all 3, and walked out of my life forever. :sadcam:

I learned that day that all skinfolk ain't kinfolk...Still talk to Todd to this day...Solid ass brotha

giphy.gif

Shout out to the Todd’s of the world!

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I’ve only had one immediate manager that was black and she wasn’t really my boss. I was apart of a management program with Southwest airline. I was plugged into the Tampa station/airport. HQ paid and managed me, but the customer service manager was a sista.
:myman:
Cool as a fan. Pulled me aside and let me know the game. Never threw it at me and didn’t little bro me, so idk if she was feeling me or not. Either way, she was always flying so I rarely bumped into her.

Outside of her, my Captain during my second deployment was black. She didn’t have to write my evaluation though so she wasn’t engaging much. Vouch for a better end of your award for me though.

I always look out for people close to me. Just got word of a new contract in Korea. I applied for both logistics spots over the weekend and told 4 of my boys about it. Their contract is ending next summer so they are looking for the next move. If I get the manager spot, they know they are getting on.

giphy.gif

broller

Veteran
Daps
I've mentioned this before my brother in law whose Ghanaian was a manager at a hospital. He hired a few black folks. Suddenly he's in HR because someone said he's hiring his friends (even though he never knew the people he hired)

Did he fight it?

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The term "DEI" Is on the nameplate on the guys desk.

I read a thread recently that the term "DEI" is basically the new codeword for "n1gger" that cacs use.

This may not have even been created by a black person and y'all feeding right into it.

This may have been created by a cac with the sole intention of what's being done now ......black folk sitting back talking ish about each other summoning up bad feelings towards each other.

A cac is probably sitting back rubbing his hands like Birdman loving seeing black people talk down on seeing another black person in power all because of a propaganda cartoon :snoop:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I haven't seen enough black folks in tech for me to be even able to complain about this. But there was 1 black guy I met who was running an adjacent team to the one I was on. He was super cool. First day he pulled me to the side and professionally said "it's good to see another brother here". And to be honest, it was one of the most diverse teams I've ever seen in tech. east asian, black, Hispanic, and a few woman, only 1 of which were white.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Never experienced this. And once I got into a position of power, I always looked out.