Secret Invasion on Disney Plus starring Samuel L Jackson (out June 21st)

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
I never really liked her as Hill, since the character was first shown as a thick redbone in the EMH animated series. :yeshrug:

1926504-detail__3_.jpg
Yall just be making stuff up lol. She's latina

Daps
I wonder if that was ad-libbed, cuz that's a random thing to write into a script in 2023

Sam Jackson is being billed as an executive producer so I'm sure he added in some lines. And I'm almost sure that's one of the lines he added in.

With that being said, I hate it. I don't need my superhero spy show to be about race. They made mention of him being black in like 4 different places, which threw me off because we've had all these appearances of black Nick Fury in the MCU and he aint never made comments like those before. Why pigeonhole it into the script now?

Brehs ain't gon like it but I watch superhero shows for escapism. I dont need to be reminded about racism in these shows. I deal with that 24/7.

Leave the race conversation for characters who were created to deal with that.

Next Wakanda movie, they gon have the new Black Panther saying "you don't want me to have vibranium why? It's cause I'm black, ain't it? :mjpls:"

Nah.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
"You earned all this smoke... Brotha. :skip: :sas1:"

:mjpls:
:dead:

Did they glue Nick Fury's shyt on? That beard looks ridiculous. Like a landscaper hit his mustache with the weed whacker. Looking like the prop lady took kitchen shears to that shyt, cut a straight line for the mustache and said, ":ehh: it's good enough for this nikka. Glue it on. :yeshrug: I gotta go fukk up Gravik's fade and make sure his shyt ain't lined up. :russ:"

Gravik was putting in work tho. Hung that dude on the hook like the Predator. :demonic:

Nick Fury going in the garage to pull the cover off the car and reveal the Land Rover like James Bond with the DB5 in Skyfall. :wow:

au6m9T.gif

Mace Windu was boys with his little green friend, Yoda. Now, Nick Fury has a black and green wife? :dead:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Editing and direction felt like a step up in this episode. Gravik was giving off mad Flag Smasher energy last week and seems more intriguing as a threat ever since the bombing. Speaking of such….2,000 fatalities? :dwillhuh:

Disney/Marvel can de-age Samuel L. Jackson all they want, but you can’t hide that old man posture. DeNiro in The Irishman type beat. :pachaha:

The excuses these characters give as to why the Avengers shouldn’t help in such scenarios will never not be hilarious. Sometimes I wish they would just go meta with it ala Deadpool and say “Naw man, that shyt is way out of our show’s budget.” winks at camera :dead:

My guy put together the goddamn OG Avengers roster and still getting disrespected. If Rhodey was playing Among Us, everybody in the chat would be calling him sus right now…

I did get a chuckle though out of him telling off Fury “You earned all this smoke…brotha.”, although I think I’ll be looking back at that line on some :mjpls: if he is in fact a skrull.

Show is brutal in a way that the Moon Knight hype train didn’t deliver on. Folks getting their insides boiled, tossed on meat hooks, and I definitely wasn’t expecting to see creh get his finger chopped off. :picard: