Seattle is such a beautiful city, why is it never mentioned?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I've always wanted to visit Seattle and that general area (the Pacific Northwest, including British Columbia).

It looks beautiful up there.

it doesn't look real....like even driving on a highway the landscape was unreal. We went outside the city to some state park and were just chilling walking around out there and I've never seen green like that before. the earth looked so healthy :wow:

I gotta do a Yellowstone trip eventually....on the bucket list :ohlawd:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think I'd rate Portland over Seattle tbh. Homeless population is crazy in Seattle. Though I think there's more diversity in Seattle when it comes to the Asian population.

My Hispanic buddy loves it and he's from Houston, but he found a group of Black, Brown, and Queer folks to chill with.

I personally don't like West Coast cities with the exception of San Diego. I went to Vancouver a few days and really enjoy it but that's Canadian.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lived there for about a 1.5 years

The people are weird af, black folks aside.

The shyt is depressing as fukk oct-April.

But from may to early September, it is legit the most beautiful place I’ve ever been.

It’s just a hard transition for anybody who is from a more “urban” :mjpls: place because of the weird ass people.
Yeah that's why I rate east coast cities for ME more than West Coast cities. Too many white people for my liking and a lot of white adjacent minorities that aren't as welcoming either.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Was riding shotgun with my wife as we were taking my oldest & middle child to ballet. Not the best shot because the car was in motion, but when the weather is clear, the PNW is :wow:

20240318-121243.jpg

The rain is overstated. Off the top, ATL, Houston, & DC get more rain yearly than Seattle. It mists & drizzles on & off more than anything. You rarely get the torrential downpours or thunderstorms you see in other regions of the country, & the summers are GOATed.
When I first got there, it didn’t rain for the first week. I was like, “where is the rain everybody talks about?”
:martin:
Then it commenced to rain for 30 days straight.
:gucci:
Like you said, it’s a misty drizzle but everyday? It’s bad enough it’s May and it’s in the 50’s. No sun for most of the day.
:beli:
When people say it rains all the time. They really mean the weather is shytty for most of the year.
:skip:
June through August has the GOAT weather though.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Was riding shotgun with my wife as we were taking my oldest & middle child to ballet. Not the best shot because the car was in motion, but when the weather is clear, the PNW is :wow:

20240318-121243.jpg

The rain is overstated. Off the top, ATL, Houston, & DC get more rain yearly than Seattle. It mists & drizzles on & off more than anything. You rarely get the torrential downpours or thunderstorms you see in other regions of the country, & the summers are GOATed.

One day of heavy rain is better to plan around than 30 straight days of overcast mist and light rain.

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
Tied with Osaka as my 2nd favorite place besides my hometown of NY.

The weed is good, chicks are freaks and the nature is beautiful. Homelessness is on some other ish to me, but all in all , I really like it out there:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Why the hell are homeless people flocking to a place that rains all the time?
They're not flocking there. Seattle is the most expensive place to live outside of San Francisco. Also has the highest young homeless population I've seen.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Why the hell are homeless people flocking to a place that rains all the time?
It doesn’t rain hard. And it doesn’t get freezing cold in the winter or OD hot in the summer. You can camp outside on sidewalks legally. You can park your RV on the side of the road. You can steal without going to jail. You can do dope outside in public. And if you really mess up Seattle bail bonds non profit with bail you out for whatever crime you do.