Sean "Diddy" Combs Arrested in NYC by the Feds

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's wild reading through this thread seeing how many people think consent means there was no sex trafficking :wow:

How many people don't seem to know what coercion even means:wow:

You can say "I don't agree with that law", but people just don't have a solid info foundation for how to view anything anymore. They just say shyt. Know nothing about sex trafficking federal conspiracy laws. I have probably read a dozen cases like this. The first RICO for sex trafficking in the country was filed in my city, and targeted a gang that is from my neighborhood.

How is this different from flying someone out for sex? so if I pay for my girls plane ticket, I can get indicted?

it's substantially different Read Keith Raniere's indictment. it's very similar to the Puff one. Read the one for the gang in San Diego. The same way a cult leader is held responsible, or a pimp, basically, is what they are alleging about Puff. People were coerced by force, fraud, or coercion.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So much social media bullshyt. Kamala Harris tweets. People don't realize social media has created this third rail world where everything can be "verified" with "receipts", but it's really mindless bullshyt. The tweets are the equivalent of a head nod at a party. but because of the medium it's "proof" of something.

and all this shyt about his parties, NOT EVERY party was a "freak off", many of those were private at hotels, with only inner circle involved. Puff had plenty of wild Hollywood parties, but just attending one doesn't mean anything. And as with any party Hollywood or otherwise there's always a room, another room, and room within a room. You could attend have 2 drinks, spend an hour gazing at the art, and never get into the shyt that went on in the private rooms.

and on election politics, they had enough time to secure an indictment, but they want this out in the open before the election, because a Trump win will upend the Southern District. Trump will fire Damian Willians. Harris wins, he will stay right there. This isn't to hurt or help either side, but everyone knows election day could change everything. almost every federal us attorney for a district is out of their job is Trump wins. and he will appoint interm prosecutors.

This case will continue even if Trump wins and fires the SDNY attorney. They have protocol for this. Plus, there are multiple firewalls against interference in the Justice Department from the White House. Barring a pardon (which, why??), a president isn't saving Diddy

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This case will continue even if Trump wins and fires the SDNY attorney. They have protocol for this. Plus, there are multiple firewalls against interference in the Justice Department from the White House. Barring a pardon (which, why??), a president isn't saving Diddy

It's not certain, but what happens is the ship goes adrift. If Damian Williams is fired, the new section chief could order them to plea Puff put. It would be that easy. Those prosecutors could resign in protest. Then someone else takes over the case who doesn't care about it.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's not certain, but what happens is the ship goes adrift. If Damian Williams is fired, the new section chief could order them to plea Puff put. It would be that easy. Those prosecutors could resign in protest. Then someone else takes over the case who doesn't care about it.

If the case is a slam dunk, why would any prosecutor turn that down and offer a plea deal?

Also keep in mind that if Damian Williams is asked to resign, there will be a period of time before the next appointee comes in. In the interim the acting attorney will be in charge... They won't have much inclination to drastically change course.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
If the case is a slam dunk, why would any prosecutor turn that down and offer a plea deal?

Also keep in mind that if Damian Williams is asked to resign, there will be a period of time before the next appointee comes in. In the interim the acting attorney will be in charge... They won't have much inclination to drastically change course.

Because the mandate of the office changes. Like a CEO changing the direction of a company. true about an interim. When Geoff Berman was asked to resign though, by Barr, he was ready to bring in Day 1 Jay Clayton. One of Trump's golfing buddies and a lawyer. Berman refused to resign. Barr cracked and appointed Berman's deputy, Audrey Strauss, and she stayed on until the 2020 election.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Flying hoes out is solicitation of prostitution, that's a misdemeanor. Sex trafficking is means the woman were forced or coherced into a commercial sex act, aka they didn't know that's why they were being client out
No, you can solicit prostitution without traveling interstate. You don’t need coercion for sex trafficking. Read the federal statute. Sex trafficking is the simplest terms is interstate prostitution. That is why the women engaging in the acts themselves willingly can also be charged.