Sea of Stars (by the creators of The Messenger)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
bruh please stop trying to treat me like one of these junkies that's up in arms over how far you can walk in a straight line in starfield or something. i've stated clearly what's bothering me about the title. i'm not shouting down anyone enjoying the game at all. never even said it was bad or don't buy it either.

stop worrying if people don't like something as much as you like it. stop reading into posts beyond what they actually say. you grown.

and if you want to know what i like or don't like its not that hard to find posts on here :dead: just like the ones where I was all in on this title back before the screenshots even dropped lol
Once again. You're putting thoughts in your own mind that I did not say to or about you, or about my own stance on things either. I merely stated how as you tend to dislike a lot of games, rpgs especially as of lately, even tho you like them. Or initially stated to liking select games. My bad if you feel some kind of way about me saying as such.

Don't take it as an insult tho. Hell, in part, I owe my interest in the Tales series thanks to your good word on them from a time way back when. I just simply disagree with pretty much everything about this one here. Ain't no thing tho.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Any when yall praise a game and put it in the same breath of classics you gonna get people who aren't so easy to please off nostalgia tearing it down. We're talking games that are beloved by almost everyone 20+ years later. Games with iconic characters and stories. New and or interesting ideas with their battle systems. Being a competent nostalgia trip hardly equates to 9/10. Chrono Trigger is a 10/10 level game, Final Fantasy VI is. This just isn't at their levels.
:ufdup:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm about 4 hours into the game and I don't see why folks hating on this. Game is a fun and beautiful throwback game. It's not hard, but doesn't really have to be and your average RPG isn't really that difficult anyway. Especially considering that most of them can be easily broken. So I don't get the difficulty complaint much either. Just because it's getting better reviews overall and more attention than that ho-hum looking ass chain of echoes got folks in here in a tizzy.
No one's hating per se.

It's just not what it was hyped to be. It's not filling shoes and it's not breaking new ground.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Minor spoiler.
So there's a point in the game when you essentially get a music band and they'll play various music tracks in the game, mostly stage music, but also some battle themes as well. You get more by finding music sheets for the band to play. The really interesting part is, each band member plays a specific instrument. And if you talk to any of the band members while they're playing their songs, their particular music instrument part of the song will stop playing while the rest of the song continues to play since the rest of the band members are still all playing their respective instruments. It does this for seemingly any song that they play as well. And once you stop talking to them, they'll pick right back up in the song seamless. Definitely a labor of love and attention to detail this game was made with.

I know how this is done behind the scenes, but still, it's pretty damn neat trick and I don't tend to see that done often in games.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I'm done with the Island of Wraith, at least for now

The Graplou is really fun to use for movement and puzzles :whoo: parts of the level design dedicated to the tool are really reminiscing of what you'd do in the Messenger in an interesting way since it's a different perspective altogether.

I hope there'll be other additions like that.

Oh, and about
the betrayal, I knew there'd be a twist and I expected, as Yolanda called out by breaking the 4th wall, Headmaster Morraine to be the bad guy :mjlol: they def set me up successfully.

Interesting set of events. Still waiting to see more details though.

Btw, I forgot their names, but the attacks of the adult Solstice warriors duo were amazing :whoo:

Game was kind of tough in some parts though :picard:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I am enjoying this renaissance if 16-32 but style RPGs. I don't think its quite at the same level as Chained Echoes but still a lot of fun.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I'm at the

mountain of torment or something

And :huhldup: the mood is really uneasy

The variety between areas is very impressive. Some feel like you go through them relatively rapidly but I guess it'd be a good thing since they don't overstay their welcome?

I'm still curious about where the narrative is going but I like the urgent and desperate turn it took. The references to the Messenger (musical themes, characters) are amazing and heart-warming.