SCOTUS Watch Thread

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
So we got three days of opinion releases left: tomorrow (6/15), Friday and next Thursday 6/22. My gut feeling is the affirmative action decision will be on the last day since the optics of doing that leading into the Juneteenth weekend are terrible, but this is just a hunch, they may not GAF.

I am guessing we might get Moore v. Harper this week which if it is screwed up enough, could negate a lot of the positive impact of last week's decision on gerrymandering.

Good.. That will just reinforce the GOP is going to lose badly again in 2024 in both chambers..

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

This court is so fukking insane that we're alternatively having far-right justices like Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Roberts being the 4th vote to say the majority is insane, while their 5 insane colleagues still vote for it.

The fact some of these decisions are so fukking obvious that the liberals get one out of Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, or Roberts to side with them and STILL lose is an indictment on the system. And goes to show what fukking hacks Alito, Thomas, and Barrett are that they are straight up taking the conservative side every fukking time no matter what.

Daps

This court is so fukking insane that we're alternatively having far-right justices like Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Roberts being the 4th vote to say the majority is insane, while their 5 insane colleagues still vote for it.

The fact some of these decisions are so fukking obvious that the liberals get one out of Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, or Roberts to side with them and STILL lose is an indictment on the system. And goes to show what fukking hacks Alito, Thomas, and Barrett are that they are straight up taking the conservative side every fukking time no matter what.

Every dissent reads like, “will you mother fukkers stop saying the quiet part out loud. Y’all gonna fukk around and we gonna have 15 justices next term”

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

I may be a minority opinion in considering ACB a swing justice. Before her nomination, when I was reading about the cult she grew up in, I thought she would be an absolute lunatic.

But she, along with Roberts and Kavanaugh, strikes me as a swing, or at least more swingy than Gorsuch.

I don't have much evidence to back me up other than the link below, but I still consider her more likely to side with the liberals than Gorsuch.