ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could this count as TDE's first DuD ???:francis: Laziness .. complacency :yeshrug:

We saw Ab fall off a cliff ..but he was never the tier of artist Q was :hubie:( from a star profile standpoint)

I dont want to say L ...but maybe this.maybe the first project they havent handelled well for the size of a artist that Q is ...:manny:

He was in a position to be taking steps forward not 2 steps back .. :martin:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This album is ‘Testing’ bad. He should’ve already released a mixtape afterwards to prepare for another album release to make up for this crap. Imagine you hating your critically acclaimed album that actually produced a top 40 single so much that you make an extremely trendy sounding album that not only doesn’t received any acclaim, but sells less than your previous album. What a flop.

Last edited:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah this album wasn’t wack but it wasn’t good either. I gave this multiple spins and it just sounded like everything else on the mainstream market :francis:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yeah this album wasn’t wack but it wasn’t good either. I gave this multiple spins and it just sounded like everything else on the mainstream market :francis:

IMO It's worse than other stuff on the mainstream market because Q has worse hooks. I can imagine some of these tracks being noteworthy or even modest hits if other Brehs got them instead. Q doesn't really do anything with this stuff. Even Numb Numb Juice which I kind of like has a weak hook that prevents it from being a big song imo

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This was easily the most disappointing album of the year. Did all that chart chasing just for this to brick terribly. He needs a rebound album or mixtape quickly.
I'm a big fan and I wasn't tryna hear this shyt :picard:

He fukked himself over dissing Blank face and it's fans.

rubbed me the wrong way so I'm sure a lot of people felt the same.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO It's worse than other stuff on the mainstream market because Q has worse hooks. I can imagine some of these tracks being noteworthy or even modest hits if other Brehs got them instead. Q doesn't really do anything with this stuff. Even Numb Numb Juice which I kind of like has a weak hook that prevents it from being a big song imo
He seems confused about what type of album he should make because if you look at Kendrick and Rock you can can the mainstream influence in both of their albums and especially with Kendricks’ guest appearances. This is his “These Days” album drop like Soul then he bounced back with Do What Thou Wilt so maybe Q will do the same.